ICONOCLASSIC 2015 AFTERMATH

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":or4q3241 said:
did anyone picked up my Camera case that was next to an old deck chair that I brought
left to get my wheels for the ride home and when I came back the railings were gone along with my case.. :shock:

not fussed on the deck chair but the case was a present :?
Spud©™

The people who where tidying the site and taking down stalls at the end of the show asked me if a chair belonged to me. I said no and they picked it up and put it in the back of their flatbed lorry. Their was also something else with the chair which they picked up.

I hope this helps you to track down your case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A great show and perfect weather. Well done to everybody who organised this! :cool:

Turning up for this event with a rusty collection of pre-mountain bike 'Clelands' is a bit like bringing Neanderthals to a Homo-Sapiens only party. So thanks for allowing me to gate crash this 'show n' shine' event. Though I did make an effort with a couple of hours of pre show mud removal on Saturday.

Maybe a "Worst bike in show" prize next year so that people like me can stand a chance of winning?

Re:

And Al, if you weren't such a nice guy I'd mug yah in a flash (even if you are a well hard Ex Manc) for that KHS.. its so bonkers I love it.

Cheers!

See...I've been telling people I'm a nice guy for years.

al. :D

Re:

Well that looked to be another success, gutted I couldn't make it this year. Great bunch of photos above thanks for sharing, so much to study, love that early Ridgeback, and the Trimble, plus the Tomac etc!!!

Well done Tom and all those that helped and supported Tom in bringing it together again this year, please do it again :D

Re: ICONOCLASSIC - UK'S LARGEST DISPLAY OF PRE-'95 MTBS!

Wow what an amazing gathering of machines. Hope to make this next year but don't know if my builds compare.

Minifreak":1j9i1i2v said:
Wow what an amazing gathering of machines. Hope to make this next year but don't know if my builds compare.

there was a lot of makes and models there but trust me there was a lot of room for more, so if its pre 95 and clean then bring it.... trust me

My 1990 Splatterpaint Cindercone with original paint didn't compare to the Dave Yates Vulcan but that's not the point, its about rich diversity of design (sometimes over function) granted a 1992 Kays catalogue tank in knackered condition might be a bit out there, and along way from ICONIC but I've seen your builds so stop being modest and start making plans... where else can you spend a day in the company of a load of middle aged old pharts discussing late 80's and early 90's MTB scene and ogling bikes you'll otherwise only ever see on a computer screen.
...add to that, that Warwick is a nice old town, the weather has been good, and the pubs bordering the square are great and offer alfresco seating right next to the bikes makes it a given I'm going back next year :D

so what yah waiting for :D

Re:

By the way John / Tom

Does Cosmic win a Bar above his avatar for his achievement of being best in show ?

would be nice to mark the achievement
:D

and a cool accolade to win :cool:

That was an awesome display and i'm gutted to say the least that i couldn't go to admire those wonderful machines andmany congrats cosmic for being best in show " top man " :cool: ..

Retro Spud":1esdn856 said:
Minifreak":1esdn856 said:

there was a lot of makes and models there but trust me there was a lot of room for more, so if its pre 95 and clean then bring it.... trust me

My 1990 Splatterpaint Cindercone with original paint didn't compare to the Dave Yates Vulcan but that's not the point, its about rich diversity of design (sometimes over function) granted a 1992 Kays catalogue tank in knackered condition might be a bit out there, and along way from ICONIC but I've seen your builds so stop being modest and start making plans... where else can you spend a day in the company of a load of middle aged old pharts discussing late 80's and early 90's MTB scene and ogling bikes you'll otherwise only ever see on a computer screen.
...add to that, that Warwick is a nice old town, the weather has been good, and the pubs bordering the square are great and offer alfresco seating right next to the bikes makes it a given I'm going back next year :D

so what yah waiting for :D

I think you've sold it to me ;)

Have to get myself booked in for next year and sort a nice hotel to keep the Mrs happy.

Back