** Ibis Tranny 29er - ENVE **

Re: ** Ibis Tranny 29 - rigid ENVE **

ciderlad65":3kxkb5v8 said:
Thats a good weight for a wagon wheel bike, my 26er is 9kg (but with front suss.) getting it down to the last nth will make no difference, like you say good quality and practical wins over light/feather weight everytime with 15 stoners like us! :cool:

:LOL:

Attachments

• t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 1,018
Re:

so, first impressions on my first ride on my first 29er......

okay, so i guess i should expect it to ride really nicely as i had previous experience of the training wheel-sized Tranny before buying this frame, and that's exactly what it does!

wouldn't know it had wagon wheels to be honest!

it covers ground more swiftly, and very low-speed-manoeuvrability is not quite what you get with a 26, other than that i think this is maybe even more agile than the baby Tranny was, and more comfortable. it's really flickable, steering is superb, and power transfer is instant! front end is a little light, maybe exaggerated by the slightly higher bar height i opted for rather than cutting the steerer short..... i'm not getting any younger nor my back more supple! :LOL:

overall impression is very positive, in fact i didn't need to adjust anything, i just got on and rode it! :cool:

will play with tyre pressures more as still not dialled-in with the larger volume of the 29 inch tubeless tyres, i went for 25 front and 30 rear as a starting-point, but reckon i could go 22/26 even at my weight :oops:

the weather is beautiful here today, now it's had a shake-down i'll take it for a proper run tomorrow as i have the day off :D

Attachments

• t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 1,015
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 1,015
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,015
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,015
Re:

apparently, if you look closely at the photo above, there is a wee face in the tree above the saddle......... :shock:

Re: Re:

velofrog":3kaves7l said:
apparently, if you look closely at the photo above, there is a wee face in the tree above the saddle......... :shock:
Yes there is. Her name is Margaret.

Back