i need a new telly! talk to me!!! tell me!!

Neil":2g1u8kt6 said:
misteroo":2g1u8kt6 said:
I haven't looked, but I guess there may be a "smart" tv in there.....basically it can go "on-line" so you can browse you tube, bbc iplayer etc etc, but it will need an ethernet connection!
It may - but more and more "smart" TVs are WiFi enabled, these days - so may not need a cable running from your home router (I'm assuming you have one).

Need to have wireless N router and adaptor though for HD. G will not work with HD streaming reliably. 100mb wired that is on most routers will be fine.

Carl.

When I was looking a while ago the tip was to find what you want, search the web for the lowest price then go to John Lewis as they would price match and gave a 5 year guarantee on top. Not sure if they still do but worth a look.

Someone said stay away from Sony. Have to disagree as they were always highly recommended when I was looking, can be had at a good price and from my experience last forever. Didn't get a new telly in the end when I was looking because my old Sony is still going strong, has never gone wrong and still has a picture that compares to the fancy pants new tech. Without doubt I'll go down the Sony route again ;)

I have samsung in the living room and a Tesco one in the bedroom, both work show pictures and make a noise. what more do you want !

drcarlos":1vp6cn9d said:
Neil":1vp6cn9d said:
misteroo":1vp6cn9d said:
I haven't looked, but I guess there may be a "smart" tv in there.....basically it can go "on-line" so you can browse you tube, bbc iplayer etc etc, but it will need an ethernet connection!
It may - but more and more "smart" TVs are WiFi enabled, these days - so may not need a cable running from your home router (I'm assuming you have one).

Need to have wireless N router and adaptor though for HD. G will not work with HD streaming reliably. 100mb wired that is on most routers will be fine.

Carl.
Probably true if you're going to stream true HD video on your local "LAN", but for things like iplayer, youtube, catch-up tv from the internet, most peoples' WiFi tends to be commensurate with their broadband speed.

Back