i need a new telly! talk to me!!! tell me!!

Personally, as I work with them everyday!! I would currently recommend anything by LG or Samsung...or, if you have the budget go for Panasonic...stay away from Sony...overpriced tat basically!!

Don't buy from a supermarket.

Richer sounds are well priced but I sometimes feel they will push you to buy what they have their best mark up on!!

LGF is right LCD and LED are basically the same....LED is lit in a different way(back or side) thus saving energy...a standard 32" LCD will run equivalent to a 100 watt light bulb but the LED version will be about 50/60 watts.

I have just purchased 2 LG 32" LED's for my kids from here:

http://www.electrical123.com/?source=aw ... ctShopping

Worked out cheaper than Richer Sounds too!!! which is quire rare these days.

At the end of the day it all comes down to Money, Size and personal Preference!!!

Just read the reviews basically and go and see them in action!!

Oh...and the big shops ie Dixons, Comet etc have the screens set on VIVID so they always look nice and bright in the store!! But looks awful in a living room.

And always go slightly bigger than you think you need!!!!

:cool:

LED lit is supposed to give truer colours and if back lit with the intelligent lighting truer blacks (but most are edge lit and don't have the intelligent feature).
One thing we found with our Philips that we got from Richers as an ex-demo (saved £400) was spending an hour with several different sources tuning the picture. Believe me it was well worth it as factory settings are designed to show it in the best light in a big well lit shop not a smaller more intimately lit living room and it improves it no end.

Carl.

@ misteroo

on that link there are 3 LG tv's with 32inch screens, all at different prices, what difference does the extra money make? in english! the tech speak goes over my head by a mile!!

if someone says there's 2 tv's one at 225 and one at 275 if it was a marked improvement i'd pay the extra 50 quid but if it's stuff i don't need then i wouldn't.

:?

You will find that 32" will disappear into the average living room quite easily (even more so if you wall mount it), 40" is a good size if you don't want to go mental and also the current sweet spot for panel prices by the look of it.
Personally I would be looking at this http://www.electrical123.com/products/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCode=SAM-LED-UE40D5003-BK
Nice size and the ethernet connection gives you access the interactive services available over your broadband.

Carl.

Try the Argos eBay store. Amazing prices over there!

Plus alot of the own brand shops such as Panasonc have sales on last gen TV's.. Non 3D and things. I saw a 52" Panasonic Flat Screen for £400 in the one in Doncaster! There was 4-5 of them stacked and boxed with sale tags.

jonnyboy666":1a3o24zo said:
@ misteroo

on that link there are 3 LG tv's with 32inch screens, all at different prices, what difference does the extra money make? in english! the tech speak goes over my head by a mile!!

if someone says there's 2 tv's one at 225 and one at 275 if it was a marked improvement i'd pay the extra 50 quid but if it's stuff i don't need then i wouldn't.

:?

I haven't looked, but I guess there may be a "smart" tv in there.....basically it can go "on-line" so you can browse you tube, bbc iplayer etc etc, but it will need an ethernet connection! and I guess the others will have slightly different specs i.e. contrast ratio, maybe slightly better sound, more connections. Contrast ratio is simple...the higher the number the better!!!

Like I said before....it really is down to personal preference!!

The best way to do it is pick a budget and stick to it, otherwise you will always be going..."well, its only another £50 more" but then you will see one that is "only another £50 more".....bit like retrobike!!!!

And always go bigger!!!! Shop around....read reviews...try them out.

One thing to remember is that if your not running HD have a look at the analogue image and the freeview image....just a thought!! :?

Or...just say **** it and get a projector!!!

I have a 32 inch TV using the latest tech

Cashode Ray

Flat screen

Teletext

The dogs

+ 13 amp plug free!!

Stick to name brands

I bought a Vistron as it looked like value for money. Crappy, distorted audio so sent it back.

Replacement Vistron : screws missing from back panel ( which fell off when I pulled it out of the box ). Audio distorted as well. Sent it back.

Replacement Vistron : Wall mounting plate inside TV was bent. Audio was distorted. Refund.

Bought a Sharp and it works great, no issues.

misteroo":3sn59slr said:
I haven't looked, but I guess there may be a "smart" tv in there.....basically it can go "on-line" so you can browse you tube, bbc iplayer etc etc, but it will need an ethernet connection!
It may - but more and more "smart" TVs are WiFi enabled, these days - so may not need a cable running from your home router (I'm assuming you have one).

Back