I need a comfortable saddle! Any suggestions?

legrandefromage":4hs8vf9t said:
It has yet to be pointed out that the more you ride the more your backside becomes saddle shaped?

Stick to the one style of saddle and it will get easier.

^^^
T'is true (to a degree), but all I'll sit on these days is a WTB Silverado - light, good-looking and cheap (if you're canny ;) ).

Once you get use to one ride the same on every bike you own. Have been on Vetta SL's or the GT/Vetta Sharkskin version since 1992 and am still buying them up when they become available.

suggesting seats is like suggesting shoes - they come in all different shapes and fabrications. A seat that fits my bony ass, will probably not fit someone elses...

But, there are seats that seams to be universally preferred. The classic seats like San Marco Regal and Concor, Selle Italia Turbo, Flite and Evolution among others. I personaly like the Turbo, Flite and Evolution (carbon) seats.

To find the seat that fits your anatomy you'll need to try till you find "your" seat.

Charge spoon is very comfy and cheap enough to try, the old Flite Ti never gave me any trouble, and the SDG Bel Air was also comfy if a little clumsy looking.
Bums are like feet, everyone is different, so there is no definitive answer to which will be best for you.

I quite like my specialized BG saddle and find it very comfortable. My other saddles are the same as the red one on page one which are hard to feel but are elastomer sprung and that makes them comfy.

cyfa2809":1tqq0y68 said:
hard to feel but are elastomer sprung and that makes them comfy.

Kind of a Brooks approach I guess - makes sense to have a solid platform that's the right shape, then something to take the edge off the knocks, hmm...

Just thinking out loud :)

Yeah i often get 'ooo bet thats uncomfy' but they really arent and they move more than you would think.

Latest posts

Back