I have an urge not to stop - even at red lights.....

With the large moral cloud from earlier posts sitting over me - with a bit of life-preserving drizzle coming out of it - I managed to 1) stop and wait at a pelican crossing even though there was no one on it; then had to wind slowly up the rise beyond - oh well; 2) comply with the lights at the big roundabout; and then the traffic light gods smiled and the long series into town all were green…hurrah…

Back of wrist still sore….

I always stop at red lights because it is safe to do so but I know that feeling when you see it change and you just want to go through it. Not only for safety but I feel, probably pointlessly, that stopping at lights reinforces a positive stereotype for cyclist. I don't drive and use my bike everywhere so I insure myself like a road user too.

Having to walk small humans around busy town/city centres gives another perspective.

A 70-120kg adult moving at any decent speed, whether a strava striver trying to 'make' a segment, or just not wanting to pull up and cool off for 30sec is going to seriously hurt an adult, but has a good chance of maiming/killing a littley.

Like d8mok, I know what I say when one goes through, whether on foot, on a bike or in my car - the last being really corriosive to cyclists being treated as equal users of the road.

The thing that concerns me is that the stereotype has become so prevalent that even those with a humour bypass are able to make a joke from it.
No argument we make as a collective matters if the light that shines on it is the zeitgeist.

And yes I only wrote this post to use the word zeitgeist. Next up, trying to shoehorn defenestration in to a post.

The thing that concerns me is that the stereotype has become so prevalent that even those with a humour bypass are able to make a joke from it.
No argument we make as a collective matters if the light that shines on it is the zeitgeist.

And yes I only wrote this post to use the word zeitgeist. Next up, trying to shoehorn defenestration in to a post.
Sorry Officer for going through that Red
And i understand i could have ended up dead
But i must rush home for my dictionary to find
Because the word defenestration is torturing my mind!

Back