The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
I recently bought a garmin edge 500 to be used for all rides in future as part of my recovery. Got it used inc a nicer HRM and mount and disc. Chuffed to bits.

Went on the crc website and purchased two boxes of extra mounts which arrived promptly as always along with a new lid via a Retrobike member. All checked and left on the kitchen table. Well I'm a little slow at present so when it all disappeared I asked my dear wife if she, also slightly OCD, had moved them. She said I'd taken the garmin boxes to the shed and she'd hung up the helmet.

Days passed, health improved, enthusiasm returned. Decided to put the mounts on bike in hope of a ride soon. Couldn't find them. Knowing I'd not been in good form, turned the shed upside down before texting mrs HM at work. No reply. So, understairs cupboard, kitchen drawers, study, briefcase, lounge, bedside cabinets all emptied and searched. I would not be beaten.

Finally remembered that last time this happened mrs HM threw my ass saver straight in the recycling wheelie bin thinking it was rubbish. Tipped out wheelie bin, went through recyclables, no joy. Last resort. Regular wheelie bin. Bin bags lifted out, split and carefully sifted through into bin. No joy.

So four hours labour, a tidier house but no mounts. Back to crc site to order more.

Mrs HM returns home. I tell her about my day. She maintains shed depositing by my good self. Goes off to walk the dogs.

On her return, she called quietly up the stairs.......... "Darling.................I've remembered"

My dear wife had decided that when hanging up my helmet weeks earlier, it would be a good idea to put the mounts inside it, out of view, nowhere near anything else related to their use, for safekeeping. This thoughtful act had only returned to her recollection while out walking a few minutes earlier.

What a life without a wife, and what a life, with one!

:facepalm:

In light of similar things happening to me on too many occassions :? :D
I've put a medium sized wooden box(dog proof) next to the back door, my good lady is instructed(brave i know) to put anything that doesn't belong to her or the kids in said box so i can decide where it should live. I tend to fettle in the evening and if i don't get finished she tidies the kitchen(brave i know :LOL: )before i get a chance to put things back where they live :roll:
*Wooden/dogproof box is important as a Staf makes very short work of a NOS San Marco Rolls :(

We had the 'box of bits' for a week or so a few years back. It just got tidied away somewhere obscure as well as it was offensive sat on the work top by the back door.

There's a similar auto-tidy happens here too - whatever it is that I've left out goes in the nearest available space, regardless of how inappropriate said space may be. Deodorant in a kitchen cupboard, for example...

This wouldn't be too bad if said auto-tidy wasn't instantly wiped from my beloved's memory :roll:

What would we do without them eh?
Probably best not to think about that actually! :LOL:

It's happened again!

She found some cable end crimps on the work top and threw them away. :facepalm:

I thought for years mine was the only one that did this. No logic to a woman's mind at all. Only solution is a daddy only zone which must never be entered by a woman. I have more sense than to disturb the 20,000 potion bottles she leaves in the bathrooms etc :facepalm:

In her defence Mrs HM might still be in shock from what happened you so is a bit distracted. :)

Back