How to tell which Brooks saddle is for me?

• Thread starter Deleted member 30479
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30479

Hi
There are so many Brooks saddles on their website. I'm trying to figure out what to get for my road bike. I'm looking for something light and simple. Was thinking the B15 or B17 or Swift in Titanium but can't seem to find a comparison. Any suggestions?

I have a B15 Swallow Titanium for sale, I bought it to re-live my youth as I loved my Swallow when I was a lad but sadly by bottom does not agree with it some 45 years later.
It has done less than 200 miles and never been out in the wet, the adjuster has not been touched and the saddle looks as new

Looking for £140 plus postage at cost for it, complete with box, spanner, leather cream, rain cover

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

You can't tell :)

A new Brooks will take a couple of thousand miles to break in by which time you might hate it! I'd go for a good second hand one, or second arse! Something like above :)

I think you need to take a look at the shape of the type of saddle you like and match your choice of Brooks to it. If you like a saddle with a long narrow nose then go B15, if you prefer more wedge shape with deeper sides then go for a B17. From there you've got the wider flatter sprung designs like the B66, but these are intended more for touring bikes where you're sat more upright than on a bike with drop bars.

I disagree that it takes so long to break one in. I think if your bum is the right shape then you can find it comfortable straight away - but second hand is definitely a good way to go if the leather has been looked after.

Also, you said light. Bear in mind that the standard B17 weighs over 500g. The titanium model still weighs over 400g so it's not a light saddle by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with Jonny. It depends. I have a B17 and have found it very comfy out of the box. However they are not the lightest.

Re:

Thanks all. 47p2 I'll buy that saddle! Sent you a PM thx

Honey saddles break in easier. If you don't want titanium prices but need to save the weight - leave your watch at home.

Back