How the Global Warming Scam began

Adruzzz":21dpowto said:
hamster":21dpowto said:
Being a weatherman is not the same as being a climate scientist.
Coleman also claimed that Climate Change science was part of a plot to set up a UN One World Government.

Foil Hat anyone?

That's it, ridicule people with a different point of view :xmas-big-grin:

A fair point. :oops:

The problem with the argument that 'scientists are still divided' is that the ones who disagree are (a) few; and (b) generally either on the fringe or compromised by payment from other interests.

Coleman has misrepresented himself (for example the Weather Channel link was that he co-founded - but he omits that he left 30 years ago after one year). Coleman cites 2013 winter as evidence of an absence of Global Warming. However even a cursory understanding of climate is that it is about probability - one event is irrelevant, trends are everything.
A second issue is that deniers cite past variations to prove (their word) that the current trend is natural. Climate scientists are unanimous that it does fluctuate - however the issue is the current trend. The dice keep coming up 6 as far as winter temperatures go...

I'm entertained by any claim that this is a scientists' money-making scam. Has anyone seen a researcher's salary? You get more driving a truck. A university pal of mine was a climate scientist, now works for a hedge fund writing modeling software for equities instead of climate. He's on something like 10x the salary.

hamster. Has anyone seen a researcher's salary? You get more driving a truck. [/quote said:
Poor sod! I'm a truck driver, and although I drive an 'ECO' truck, it still averages 9 mpg :evil:

Looking to do something else when I move away though.

Mike

Re: Re:

The History Man":3agdx099 said:
Coal miner?

Maybe, but I'm not thinking of relocating to Russia, where our coal will come from now :roll: :facepalm:

Is fido filthy again? :xmas-wink: :LOL:

Re:

I'll be back in April

Lucky April :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :facepalm:

When do entries to HONC open, anyway?

Got it, 9th Jan

Mike

Back