How the Global Warming Scam began

Re: Re:

technodup":3311ad80 said:
It's not an issue I am interested in in the slightest but I tend with those who are deeply skeptical. As ever, follow the money.

Well of course you are right.

Why believe people who spend their lives studying the effects of our use of the planet. Must be funded by the Government, therefore paid by them to come up with this. Yes that's it, it's all about money, fcuk the planet! :evil: :roll:

legrandefromage":3311ad80 said:
Ostriches have never put their heads in the sand.

How about the migratory European swallow? :LOL:

Going back to bikes now, that is what this site is good for ! :cool:

Bonsoir

Re:

The only trouble with those figures being heralded as , "see see it does exist" is that it only refers to those figures for those dates and not the millions of years before we came about.

Mike Muz 67":44abhyom said:
Just what is the worse that can happen if try to hopefully reduce the speed at which our way of life warms the planet up??

Nothing, but it is like going to a plastic surgeon, you may touch up the edges but your still going to go the way nature made you.

Of course we should try to improve things if we can, just not lie to people that we can stop it.

If suddenly all humans were removed from earth, the changes would be slower, but changes never the less are going to happen, as with all living things and scientists saying we will stop it happening are saying so with a rather blinkered and less than honest view

I would indeed rather cycle to work but my job doesnt allow it. So, instead, I use older cars rather buy a new one every five minutes like my neighbours seem to. I recycle, and by 'recycle' I dont mean crush a £1000 object to recover 4p worth of materials whilst using £50 of energy in the process, I re-use and repair wherever possible.

If everyone did the same, the flimsy economy would pretty much collapse within months

legrandefromage":raknz25n said:
I would indeed rather cycle to work but my job doesnt allow it. So, instead, I use older cars rather buy a new one every five minutes like my neighbours seem to. I recycle, and by 'recycle' I dont mean crush a £1000 object to recover 4p worth of materials whilst using £50 of energy in the process, I re-use and repair wherever possible.

If everyone did the same, the flimsy economy would pretty much collapse within months

Very true :xmas-wink:

KDM":2z75onvq said:
If suddenly all humans were removed from earth, the changes would be slower, but changes never the less are going to happen, as with all living things and scientists saying we will stop it happening are saying so with a rather blinkered and less than honest view

Very true :xmas-wink:

hamster":2ch0k8ar said:
Of course, being 'TV Weatherman of the Year' makes you vastly more qualified to comment...in the same intellectual league as Ulrike Jonsson.

How can you compare John Coleman to Ulrika Jonsson? With such a childish statement as that i'd say you were more in Ulrika's camp than Mr. Coleman :xmas-big-grin:

From the 'comments' section of the YouTube video:

The comments section of this video perfectly illustrates how ass-backwards today's faux intellectuals are. John Coleman took the time to produce a 36-minute video to objectively explain his position,and never once resorting to name-calling, only to be called all sorts of names by those who disagree with him. Even more insulting is the way they demand that he prove his credentials to them despite having both a degree and a 50-year career in meteorology, while the career politician who took one science class in college is somehow considered a credible authority on any scientific matter at all. If John Coleman's experience and expertise don't even matter to these people, then nothing ever will. Of course, if he believed in the theory of man-made global warming, they'd call him a wise old sage, but because he doesn't, they just call him a senile old relic instead. It's a blatant double standard, and it's anti-intellectual to boot.

hamster":2ch0k8ar said:
http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

The 10 warmest years in the 134 year data sequence have been since 2000.

Or alternatively the ice core data:
2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

Or simply the photos of glaciers historically compared to present gives good empirical evidence.

You've selectively chosen a 134 year period, how about a much longer time span for clarity?

chart-last-11-thousand-years.jpg

How would you explain the high average temperatures about five and a half thousand years ago? Was that man made as well? :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

The bullshit detector starts to twitch..

More money would be being made by all the real powers involved if they disregarded global warming completely. The idea it is a scam is a non starter.

There are 'scams' being pulled on the back of it, undoubtedly. There are great arguments for using older tech rather than always replacing it. Cars are just one example.

legrandefromage":3t7hghmd said:

BINGO !!!

You have just hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Mike Muz 67":reakrgqw said:
technodup":reakrgqw said:
It's not an issue I am interested in in the slightest but I tend with those who are deeply skeptical. As ever, follow the money.
Well of course you are right.

fcuk the planet! :evil: :roll:
Pretty much my position, I couldn't care less.

That doesn't mean I want it covered in litter or the rivers polluted with chemicals but as for global warming, climate change or whatever I simply don't care. The earth has created and killed off many species before us, I don''t see why we should be spending billions trying to artificially prolong our stay.

And if it means Scotland gets more sun then I'm not complaining.

Back