How the Global Warming Scam began

Re:

Unfortunately, your little rugged outcrop won't actually 'get more sun' ... we're not changing earths orbital path or it's axis, y'know. Actually, it'll likely just get more shitty weather ;)

Re:

Wouldn't swap for the overrun landmass, not even double our size, lingering at our bottom.

Thing about our weather is that it is part of the whole, and complaining about it is a little like complaining it is cold in the Alps..

The weather detracts not one jot from the spectacular nature of the place.

As much as the missus likes the stability of my job, I am covering up to 1300 miles a week driving around enabling other drivers to buy cars they cant really afford in the name of fixing their credit history.

Its not an environmentally friendly job in any shape or form and after a meeting I am really considering moving on - if I could find something to cycle to every day that would be great.

*last night 14.2c in Devon, warmest December night on record with a possible 17c somewhere south today.

Adruzzz":6whjfvbz said:
How would you explain the high average temperatures about five and a half thousand years ago? Was that man made as well? :xmas-big-grin:

Interesting how people will believe the climate models that say what temperature it was thousands of years ago... But not believe the scientists who create those models when they say the kind of inputs that have an effect on them.

CO2 in the atmosphere, for example, that's one of the most important things in these models for explaining the hot eras in the earth's history. We're really fond of pumping out that ourselves these days.

How it's span for money is more concerning than the science, really. Carbon credits are pretty funny. If you're a business that doesn't do as much pollution as you're allowed to, you can sell the excess allowance off to another. So Big-Belching-Smoke-Factory inc will very often just buy these surplus credits rather than actually spend the money to clean themselves up. After all, it's cheaper.

Clearly a scam run for the benefit of a cabal of rich and powerful scientists to screw over the plucky underdogs that is the oil and gas industry.

The following image is ice core data from a site in central Greenland:
clip_image0061.jpg

Source:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/07/03/h ... -molehill/

hamster":2ymeiso8 said:
Being a weatherman is not the same as being a climate scientist.
Coleman also claimed that Climate Change science was part of a plot to set up a UN One World Government.

Foil Hat anyone?

That's it, ridicule people with a different point of view :xmas-big-grin:

Adruzzz":z0knetto said:
hamster":z0knetto said:
Being a weatherman is not the same as being a climate scientist.
Coleman also claimed that Climate Change science was part of a plot to set up a UN One World Government.

Foil Hat anyone?

That's it, ridicule people with a different point of view :xmas-big-grin:

Some points of view are worth ridiculing I'm afraid.

Back