How 'retro' is your 'proper' bike?

my 96 lava dome packs 2001 wheels, avid arch rivals, a brand new race face stem.

it also wears thumbies, flat bars and an american classic post.

I've got two bikes, and up until this week I've never really considered them retro! Both are 8 speed with V-brakes and a right mishmash of bits including Hyperlite bars, Control Stix Ti barends, Hope XC Ti hubs.

1995 Mountain Goat Joule with Marzocchi Z2s.
2000 Santa Cruz Bullit with Marzocchi Mr Ts.

R.

My 2006 Seven Ti has a set of NOS Cooks RSR cranks, a set of NOS Cooks QRs a set of Forge thumbies, a NOS 1998 EGS rear mech, a Brooks Swallow saddle, 15 year old speedplays and Actiontec 9 speed ti cassette and rings (and a BMX top tube pad) In a couple of weeks it'll be all rigid again with a new set of ti forks, mmmmmm. It is modern though, with tubeless tyres and everything.....

My retro bike is a '94 EWR and my 'proper' bike is the re-issue '08 EWR. I guess you could say that what is retro on my 'proper' bike, IS my 'proper' bike!...

er

or something to that effect...

:D

(and don't worry, I know a good many of you are probably holding your breath and muttering to yourselves, "dear god PLEASE don't let him plaster more pictures of those damn bird-cage frames on Retrobike!") :LOL:

My retro bike, GT Karakoram, with DX V's, DX spuds, D521's, Mozo Pro 4.5's etc.
My Modern bike, Giant NRS1, has discs and modern bits but has a UN72 bb, XT M(something) cranks, XTR M952 rear mech(with modern KCNC jockeys), XTR M950 shifter and DX spuds for the retro bits.

Back