• Three years?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Full term?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which almost sounds plausible until you look at housing in properly Communist states. Soviet tower blocks are of course as close to paradise on earth as you can find...

So going by the Left wing logic on here the Aberfan disaster was all Labour and the National Coal Boards fault.No nasty Tories involved !

Re: Re:

ajm":1ekcwxtb said:
Bats":1ekcwxtb said:
ajm":1ekcwxtb said:
The tragedy is bad enough without this kind of hyperbole - let's just stick to the facts, upsetting as they are.
Everything is alright everyone, it was only sixty.

Pertinent parts of the quote highlighted for the benefit of the deliberately obtuse.

Agreed. If only we'd followed those idiotic folks in the EU who can't make any worthwhile law making decisions then perhaps we'd be talking about a narrow escape and zero deaths. Who'd what that eh?

200, 60, it should be 0.

Shameful.

al-onestare":3qa8rxsa said:
Agreed. If only we'd followed those idiotic folks in the EU who can't make any worthwhile law making decisions then perhaps we'd be talking about a narrow escape and zero deaths. Who'd what that eh?

200, 60, it should be 0.

Shameful.

I'm not entirely sure (in fact, I have no idea) what the EU has to do with any of this. We're still members, aren't we? Of course ideally nobody would ever perish in any fire, it must be a horrific way to go... and this particular fire may indeed be shameful if the reports about the management and maintenance of the block are true. It's still not the fault of the government.

Re:

I take AJM's points on board, and I am sure we can't lazily blame the PM. But in this scenario she is a lightening rod, and how she wears that will speak to her character.

She may be throwing in a little too late, but she is trying. That is encouraging. Not all of us are given to empathy, or at least public demonstrations of it.

Regardless of whether that is her role, she seems to be putting effort in.

I don't care for the party politics in this situation, all I care about is the people.

All the personal attacks based on ideology don't seem to square up with the local communities approach, which, despite the draw of the more radical sorts, is one of dignified grief and genuine love.

Perhaps this event merited its own thread, so I will add one. Let's not make it a bun fight over politics.

Re:

Working in a campaigns and communications department, I forget how unaware folk out there seem to be – some are either seemingly wilfully ill-informed or gullible to the stuff they read published in what passes for newspapers. Fortunately, people are waking up and beginning to realise just how unfit for government the current incumbents and their ilk are. I'm gonna have a punt down the bookies this week on May to...

highlandsflyer":3b1j1jrl said:
I take AJM's points on board, and I am sure we can't lazily blame the PM. But in this scenario she is a lightening rod, and how she wears that will speak to her character.

I think this is pretty much central to the point. We saw the same with Trump (may is a far better leader than Trump I must add). The losing side rather than have the usual odd occasional grumble, seem to have totally ignored the democratic vote and replaced it with the old days of witch hunts and mob rule.

There used to be a time when you had campaign teams, you had an election, the election was won by one side then the campaign team was disbanded to let the politicians and parties do what they were voted in to do.

Now, there seems to be whole units who once the election has finished and democracy has chosen one side, seem to ignore the democratic vote of the people, with the sole purpose of taking down a government no matter what the cost to the country

I find that lack of respecting the democratic votes a worrying trend creating a more divided society than ever before.

I am also fed up of seeing, people must be uneducated unless they vote the same way as me, which seems to be the norm of the losing side. Could it genuinely be they thought the losing side wasn't worth voting for?

Harryburgundy":3vwfbugz said:
Here we go...the usual tosh about 'democracy', 'the will of the people' and all that bleeding garbage.

just like this :roll:

Attachments

• no surprise..png
    no surprise..png
    17.5 KB · Views: 545
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back