• Three years?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Full term?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the public have spoken on where the line should be drawn.

No one is really asking for counselling. Just a little humanity.

Regardless, I reckon she is showing yet again she does not have the common touch.

highlandsflyer":2vtiodo3 said:
Regardless, I reckon she is showing yet again she does not have the common touch.

Ah, not like nice boy "Call me Dave", charming (apparently) Tony Blair or shifty-eyed Jeremy Corbyn you mean? Personally I find that kind of insincere façade sickening and would much rather a leader just get on with their real work, but perhaps I'm in a minority. It wouldn't be the first time :)

Re:

Just goes to shows all see things differently.

May comes over as completely insincere to me, and unable to relate.

The role of a leader is varied. I would suggest standing together with the victims of major national tragedies is right up there at the top of her remit.

She has shown she has no instinct for leadership, facade or not.

ajm":2p20p0ks said:
highlandsflyer":2p20p0ks said:

Ah, not like nice boy "Call me Dave", charming (apparently) Tony Blair or shifty-eyed Jeremy Corbyn you mean? Personally I find that kind of insincere façade sickening and would much rather a leader just get on with their real work, but perhaps I'm in a minority. It wouldn't be the first time :)

Do you honestly think shifty-eyed Jeremy Corbyns response was an insincere and sickening facade?

Re:

Yes. He's only interested in getting into power and this is a dirt cheap and easy way to fire up some pointless and misdirected hysteria against TM.

He's spewing out exactly what these people want to hear despite knowing full well (unless he's completely deluded, which is a possibility) that he will never have any power to do any of it.

His nasty communism is showing as clearly as you could wish for too - "steal (sorry, "requisition") houses from other people and give them to my voters."

Re:

She's a haunted art gallery owner. She's reacted true to her nature.

She never ceases to amaze me just how bad she and her team of advisors read and react (if at all) to any given situation.

Re:

Agree with ajm on this.The fact that Corbyns lot are making politics out of the fire is sickening.Am starting to think there is nowhere too low for this lot to stoop to.Ranting with tories out banners amongst people who have lost loved ones to this fire is the vilest thing I have seen in a long while. Disgusting.

Re:

Really?
But you're not disgusted by cuts to our fire services.
Your not disgusted that Boris bought a water cannon over fire equipment to deal with this type of incident.
You're not disgusted that the Tories rejected an ammended to the housing bill proposed by Labour to ensure rental property is fit and safe to live in.
You're not disgusted that 100's have needlessly died because a few quid was saved on the 'renovation' of the flat.
Everything is politics mate, you can't remove politics from something as avoidable as this.

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":3i6mceck said:
You're not disgusted that 100's have needlessly died because a few quid was saved on the 'renovation' of the flat.
Everything is politics mate, you can't remove politics from something as avoidable as this.

As far as we are aware the renovation of the flats had nothing to do with the Tories, never mind TM. In addition, as far as we are aware the renovation of the flats was done in accordance with building standards. If, as it appears, the contractor decided to save a few quid for their own pocket by substituting a cheaper cladding panel, the majority of the blame for this fire probably belongs with them. There are others who should share that blame - the original architects for example, the residents who didn't want the inconvenience of a sprinkler system being installed, etc etc.

How is that the PM's fault? Do you honestly think a few more fire engines would have made any significant difference here? As far as I can see the emergency services arrived very promptly indeed and did as good a job as was feasible in the circumstances.

Had JC been prime minister, I'd have been equally adamant that the fire was not his fault either - but I am genuinely disgusted by his behaviour this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back