Kona Control Center 1-1/8 How many ball bearings?!

MCA4President

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I'm going to be listing this soon but before I freeze myself to death crawling around my garage floor with a torch can anyone tell me how many ball bearings are in the top and bottom? I have 18 and 27 at the moment as when I dismantled it the ball bearings fell out. I'm pretty sure I've got them all.

Attachments

• PXL_20231202_140140894.jpg
    PXL_20231202_140140894.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 10
Very simple....reload bearing cups with grease....insert balls. You should have a small gap left after all loaded which does not take a complete ball but is around 1/4-1/2 a ball diameter, to allow the balls free movement. Looks like you are short one one large bb from the photo. Have you got some more the same size in your spares box?

I’ve got 15 in the bottom and 22 in the top, mine are caged bearings though not loose.
IMG_7540.jpeg

Very simple....reload bearing cups with grease....insert balls. You should have a small gap left after all loaded which does not take a complete ball but is around 1/4-1/2 a ball diameter, to allow the balls free movement. Looks like you are short one one large bb from the photo. Have you got some more the same size in your spares box?
Hmm, might need to go hunting then. I'll wait till it warms up a bit 😄

Before you waste a measurable proportion of your life trying to find balls on the workshop floor (how do I know about this...oh yes now I remember....from bitter experience) it may be that if the original balls were caged, and you inherited it with loose, then you may have all the balls which were in there when you dismantled it. May be better just to measure balls and buy a new lot.

2nd the measurement of the existing balls and buying a new set. They cost buttons and can be a selling point as well.

Latest posts

Back