How come I end up being the bad guy...

There are at least two ways to apologise:

"I'm terribly sorry that you were parking like an a..hole."

More polite version:

"I'm terribly sorry that i was parking like an a..hole"

There are police hotlines to report anti-social drivers. I think this is worth reporting just so their reg gets logged.

I think you have integrity. It's tough being a principled person confronted with thoughtless/aggressive behaviour. Ones instinct is to front up to it, but you then have to process the anger that can come from these things - and that can take time and have a bad effect on you.

I always try and weigh up whether it's worth it - and the impact it will have on people i'm with, but it's not easy for sure.

About a month ago i booked a night away at a fancy hotel for me and my wife on our wedding anniversary. When we got there the reception staff were rude and offhand. I was about to complain about their attitudes, but didn't want cause a fuss as it was a special occasion. My wife suddenly said "i'm not staying here to be insulted by this horrible sloan" and we turned hand-in-hand, exited the hotel, went for a pub meal and drove home. Couldn't have been more proud of her. That said, it's not always the case that she takes my side.

Agreed, LGF is (as if it wasn't patently obvious to anyone with a brain cell to rub against the inside of their skull) a sadly less common breed nowadays in having integrity and morals PLUS actually being guided by them rather than suppressing the urge to speak out. I find it increasingly hard myself to "turn the other cheek" but sometimes discretion is the better part of valour.

Still don't think an apology is in order though (not from yourself anyhow, maybe from the neighbour and definitely the wife IMO)

There are at least two ways to apologise:

"I'm terribly sorry that you were parking like an a..hole."

More polite version:

"I'm terribly sorry that i was parking like an a..hole"

The more polite version, I don't understand. How was LGF parked badly himself?

This is what bar ends were invented for.
knurled bar ends.

Seriously though, this fellas response is just typical of the times we live in. Most people out there are the slightest bit away from murdering the next person that challenges them. The average Ego is unable to accept the merest hint of advice or being challenged. What entitled a$$hole, as prev said, he is certainly leasing* the right car for his ego.

* note I won't grace him with the pleasure of owning the car outright (highly unlikely these days)

If I parked like that and a neighbour mentioned it, I'd likely apologise and move my car as I'm obviously obstructing the pavement. That's presuming they'd 'asked nicely', which I'm thinking LGF likely did?

Back