Hope v2/4 or Magura mt6?

ishaw":17t708ey said:
Standardisation is interesting, I have hopes on 2 builds and formula on another. Magura would be a walk on the wild side.

That boils down to the number of spare parts namely pads (i have variety of brakes so need 6 different types), hose connection parts, fitting kits (avids use conical washers), connectors to attach to syringes for bleeding, same disc rotor (centre lock vs 6 bolt but that is more of hub stanardising plus hope saw floating rotors foul formula 1 callipers), single brake lever clamp compatibilty with shifter units (but thats a w weenie issue) etc.

Having one make and model would mean there is no difference in feel, but you soon get used to the slightly different lever positions, shapes and amount of squeeze needed after a couple of minutes.

I deliberately didnt mention availabilty of spares as so far ive not had any parts fail although i did buy a pair of avids cheap because they needed the internals of the master cylinder replacing. I remember looking at similar for magura but they arent available.

Back