HONC 2019, who's going?

Re: Re:

player":1tns1uxt said:
Are we having a meet up at the start?

I'm kipping just outside the village but within walking distance to the pub on the Saturday night if anyone fancys some pre ride hydration :D

See you there mate ;)

I hope to do the 100km, but meeting al the day before, so I may just turn up, sober up, before eating all the chips before everyone gets back!

Mike

tim75":359dhu9j said:
I did 75km last year but think I might be feeling more like 50km this time.

I did a 50k yesterday and it felt like 80 :oops: So, I was thinking to keep it fluid regarding distance on the day. i.e. Get to the first split and plan from there, similarly, at the halfway point. AFAIR, last year was a long (but very slow) front half followed by a short (but equally slow) back half.

“tim75” said:
I'm up for meeting up at the start or riding as part of a Retrobike crew if anyone wants to?.

Sounds great, but i’ll be slow.

Similarly, I’ll be arriving Friday, so am up for beers and a ride on Saturday.

Twister":1k1zkeqo said:
tim75":1k1zkeqo said:
I did 75km last year but think I might be feeling more like 50km this time.

I did a 50k yesterday and it felt like 80 :oops: So, I was thinking to keep it fluid regarding distance on the day. i.e. Get to the first split and plan from there, similarly, at the halfway point. AFAIR, last year was a long (but very slow) front half followed by a short (but equally slow) back half.

“tim75” said:
I'm up for meeting up at the start or riding as part of a Retrobike crew if anyone wants to?.

Sounds great, but i’ll be slow.

Similarly, I’ll be arriving Friday, so am up for beers and a ride on Saturday.

Yes probably a good idea to keep it fluid, weather can also play a big part I suppose. I don't mind riding slow but I might ride modern unless we're having a Retrobike ride out.

I might not get there until late Saturday so definitely won't be up for a ride and maybe not beers either but that may change!

Re:

I'll definitely take my retro singlespeed as i love passing people in baggies on 4k full sus bikes :LOL:

Will turn up Saturday evening and Hot chilli and i will pop into the White Hart - Twister and Muz are you staying over there is that right?

Whats the take away/food situation like in the village, anyone know??

player":1s03qv1b said:
I'll definitely take my retro singlespeed as i love passing people in baggies on 4k full sus bikes :LOL:

Will turn up Saturday evening and Hot chilli and i will pop into the White Hart - Twister and Muz are you staying over there is that right?

I’m stopping at the Hart. Mike are you stopping there too. The food there’s ok.

player":1ppw4c48 said:

There is a bog standard Chinese takeaway and a chip shop both just around the corner from the white hart in North Street, plus a good bakery and coffee shop

The History Man":udhpaqyh said:
player":udhpaqyh said:

There is a bog standard Chinese takeaway and a chip shop both just around the corner from the white hart in North Street, plus a good bakery and coffee shop

What’s the name of the pub that does the Thai food?

player":2nh2rq51 said:

If you’re ever behind me, you’ll definitely pass me, but I may or may not be wearing baggies. :LOL:

Attachments

• DDFC2A41-75E6-4944-8E09-ECFAE3541C9F.jpeg
    DDFC2A41-75E6-4944-8E09-ECFAE3541C9F.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 736

Twister":1brl9h83 said:
player":1brl9h83 said:

If you’re ever behind me, you’ll definitely pass me, but I may or may not be wearing baggies. :LOL:

Well if the dry weather carries on like this your probably better off on a full sus bike!

Thanks THM on the food front, i quite the sound of a Thai washed down with a couple of ciders.

Back