Ofmega 46T 38T (170mm) Cranksets

velomentary

Devout Dirtbag
I have a pretty basic Apollo Legend that I acquired when the gentleman who was riding it could no longer do so. I'm keeping this thing going and its a joy to ride to be honest. It has an Ofmega 46T 38T crank on it and wondered if there were any nicer/vintage/retro looking ones made with the same ratio... I can't seem to find anything that has the same ratio but has a chrome/silver/alloy/steel feel? Were there other MTB cranks made with similar 46/38 cranks at 170mm??

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• PXL_20230924_174512403.jpg
    PXL_20230924_174512403.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 34
Cool bike. Why don't you swap in a vintage triple crank, like Shimano Deore?
Thanks - yeah, I am now looking at other brands etc as I can't seem to find anything alternative with that ratio. Will other ratios still work with my suntour shifters/shimano sis set up??

Lots of lovely old road ones out there. Also Stronglight which ran 28/38/48 -as they all shared a very long chainring bolt you can easily swap the longer bolts for normal doubles and get a 48/38.

Thanks all - I'll follow up on these leads. Great stuff. Will report back. Not sure of B/B - will check. Thanks for your help

Hello, another novice question but does anyone know what size quill stem head set would fit this bike... I'm looking at a Nitto on eBay but they want £45 is that extortionate or correct?

While I am here - I would like to replace the headset for something a bit more robust. If anyone can offer any ideas on what would be a good replacement and an upgrade that would be great... its overwhelming!! _ just a nice upgrade would be great - nothing silly! thanks...

Back