Home Alone

i remember as kids, me helping Mark, a schoolmate to fix his 5-gear racer. He had no mechanical aptitude and had left it till it was all black crud on the drive train. His mum kindly fixed us up with tea and bickies and left us to it in the front room. One hour later, we'd done. The look on her face when she saw the (ex) white sheepskin rug was the signal for me to leave.

Mr Panda":2ugznyk1 said:
Is this wrong?

mmm... I wondered this once too. Our youngest was howling endlessly all night. 2am and we'd still not got off to sleep. I had an idea! Put baby in car seat, carried him to garage, put him on floor, while I proceeded to assemble a new bike. Things got complicated on the bike front and at 4pm I emerged, bike done. When I checked on baby, who had slept well, he felt ice cold. I felt guilty and to this day wonder if it was wrong. Never told Mrs how cold he was, just slipped him into the cot and said he was ok. At least she slept well and I got a job done.

I reckon his older brother knew tho'. A couple of days I was showing him the new bike and he picked up a spanner and proceeded to belt the top tube. My attempted touch-up marks are still there disguising the chips. I had to laugh - he was only 2 then.

Latest posts

Back