Holdsworth Frame Numbers

dwscrimshaw":sbacd90w said:
Thanks, I 've added that link too.

I've been working on a track frame too, much latter than yours. Should get it finish this weekend hopfully and might even get out on it!

Very nice!

anidel":3o253f1d said:
dwscrimshaw":3o253f1d said:
hi, thanks for the update. I had a link to an ebay ad for that frame, but charted it as 1934 due to other numbers around that time, one of them close to yours dated by VCC as 1933. I have grouped all of them as 1934 for time being as there are not that many frames to go on for now. I have also update the frame log with this link also and change the date on that page too.

Trust your happy with that. I think that the best that can be done with the avalible numbers for that period.

Did you run out of storage? I just downloaded the Excel file, but now it's not on-line anymore?

UPDATE, it's there, I think you were simply updating it.

No I was probably uploading the lattest copy. I delete the old one first. Should be there now with lattest change.

Re:

Hello
I am hoping someone can help me!
I have a track bike frame and fork which resembles a Holdsworth to my untrained eye. It is currently painted a dull red and no decals are visible.
It has nervex lugs.
Campag front and rear dropouts.
Fully chromed fork with chrome to seat and chainstays.
Seatstay appears heavily built and wraps over seat lug quite a bit.
Rear bridge is not drilled.
Frame number is 67135. Fork number does not match but is similar at 65135.
I tried to attach some photos but currently too large a file. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Re: Re:

dttlincs":mlmmxc0v said:
Hello
I am hoping someone can help me!
I have a track bike frame and fork which resembles a Holdsworth to my untrained eye. It is currently painted a dull red and no decals are visible.
It has nervex lugs.
Campag front and rear dropouts.
Fully chromed fork with chrome to seat and chainstays.
Seatstay appears heavily built and wraps over seat lug quite a bit.
Rear bridge is not drilled.
Frame number is 67135. Fork number does not match but is similar at 65135.
I tried to attach some photos but currently too large a file. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

With that number combo, it might be a Holdsworth built Claud, possibly a 60’s Olympic.

Re:

Here are a few photos of the frame i mentioned above if anyone can help with id. Thanks

Attachments

• 20181029_191513.jpg
    20181029_191513.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 234
  • 20181029_192022.jpg
    20181029_192022.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 20181028_142935.jpg
    20181028_142935.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 20181028_143035.jpg
    20181028_143035.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 234
:| Ok, so not a 60’s CB Olympic then. Over to you Dave

Re:

Thanks for the reply.
It is not original paint. Just some dull red. Underneath appears a brighter and lighter colour.
I am hoping to get an id as the current psint job is poor and eould like to get it restored to something like original if posdible. Chrome will be left alone other than polishing it up a bit.

The only Holdsworth number system that this would fit is the shop builds, so that would make this a 67 shop built frame if Holdsworth. That said the number style doesn't match the 3 others we have in the database, although the last three digits are with in range, we already have 67138. Also I would have expected a curve to the break bridge.

Doug may be able to comment more on numbering style and also your first thought might be right as the CB 5D numbers went higher than the Holdsworth factory numbers. In the mean time look through the history site for frames with similar features. http://www.nkilgariff.com/

Re:

Thanks dwshrimshaw.
I had noticed the brake bridge on mine was straight compared to a confirmed holdsworth. I did think the number fitted in with holdsworth shop builds although i did not notice the number types being either right or wrong. Apart from a CB or Holdsworth are there any other possibilities or any other photos that might help eith id?
Many thanks for help so far.

Back