Here we go again!

Jamiedyer":19n2aiwe said:
Wow! That is looking superb mate. Really nice colour choice.
look forward to watching it take shape :)

Jamie

Thanks Jamie. This is a bit of a start stop build. Waiting to collect a match World Tour tyre from my mate. Odd tyres came with bike, but WT is in almost unridden condition.

dutchie":397g9c48 said:
Take care the stem is not too far out of the fork tube. Mind the markings. :|

Hi Dutchie thanks for noting the high stem, it was placed that way only as a mock up for the photo as Peachy noted. (I should have mentioned that) I’m waiting for the front brake headset mounted cable guide which is away being rechromed before I finish the headset installation. Well spotted!

Peachy!":3rqpjr7y said:
Ps... I’ll wait to pass judgment on the bottle green mudguards!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Peachy
I personally like the BR Green mudguards. I resprayed the old ones, they were in a very poor condition, it’s a pending decision at the moment my friend has also sourced me some Weinmann chrome shorties which will give me a contrasting look. They would match the Weinmann brakes and levers. Personally I’m thinking of using this bike as a tourer, so full mudguards would be better, I can always spray them again. The rack is period and has been rust treated, resprayed and lacquered However I’ll have to change the ‘double clanger’ crank if used as a tourer, as it definitely won’t get me up the hills.

Lackluster":12mos47d said:
Peachy!":12mos47d said:
Ps... I’ll wait to pass judgment on the bottle green mudguards!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Peachy
I personally like the BR Green mudguards. I resprayed the old ones, they were in a very poor condition, it’s a pending decision at the moment my friend has also sourced me some Weinmann chrome shorties which will give me a contrasting look. They would match the Weinmann brakes and levers. Personally I’m thinking of using this bike as a tourer, so full mudguards would be better, I can always spray them again. The rack is period and has been rust treated, resprayed and lacquered However I’ll have to change the ‘double clanger’ crank if used as a tourer, as it definitely won’t get me up the hills.

I’d like to see the green mudguards on, it’s not a colour combo I would have thought of, but I’m always open to new ideas.

Peachy!":37bdnp2n said:
Lackluster":37bdnp2n said:
Peachy!":37bdnp2n said:

Hi Peachy

I’d like to see the green mudguards on, it’s not a colour combo I would have thought of, but I’m always open to new ideas.

Your wish is my command. Just a mock up of course, coming back off until I’ve made my final decision.

Attachments

• 3E165C54-E3DB-400B-8B9B-4C0AE923AA97.jpeg
    3E165C54-E3DB-400B-8B9B-4C0AE923AA97.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 670
  • D34DB81B-B1ED-4C2E-AAFD-D5E8B43012C2.jpeg
    D34DB81B-B1ED-4C2E-AAFD-D5E8B43012C2.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 670
Well I’ve made my decision and decided to go with the Weinmann shorties.
Here is the finished article. I personally am very happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• 178AF4CD-78FD-4088-9AFD-664F6E13B0D3.jpeg
    178AF4CD-78FD-4088-9AFD-664F6E13B0D3.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 454
  • A39632DF-8720-4C9C-BCE3-3CCB9B4764FF.jpeg
    A39632DF-8720-4C9C-BCE3-3CCB9B4764FF.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 454
  • CA9C9D3D-C3AF-4E36-AC2B-3F393D1DABE1.jpeg
    CA9C9D3D-C3AF-4E36-AC2B-3F393D1DABE1.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 454
  • 4211CA11-4120-4158-9044-3100E8DED02B.jpeg
    4211CA11-4120-4158-9044-3100E8DED02B.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 454
Stunning... I feel another RBotM coming on...

That is by far what you'd call a show stopper. Sublime across the board, a huge congratulations to yourself for it.

I was sure you'd swopped iut out for a completely different bike :shock: the transformation is ...can't think of a highly praised praise that hasn't already been said(Must read more readers digest :? )

I also prefer the polished guards, because they reflect so much loveliness, and the green were too strong and dragged the overall look down, they were a bit like a twitter troll, desperate for it to be about them :? Best off :cool:

Back