Here we go again!

Thanks xxnick1975

My son did come up trumps with a pristine well polished pair of Weinmann period brakes levers that he had tucked away for a rainy day...... Well it did rain today, so thats ok .

I then spent the afternoon removing the freewheel (well seized and a bench vice job) then it was left to soak in the degreaser before being rinsed, cleaned and lightly oiled then stored, as it will be at least four weeks before the frame comes back and the rebuild starts.

Plenty of cleaning and polishing in between, also sorting some new bar tape and tyres as non matching at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,018
Hi All
Yes July has been a quiet month waiting for the frame to come back with its new identity, time has been passed fettling, stripping wheels and headset, replacing bearings, and sourcing parts that will add my own very special vision to this rebuild. Attached are examples of this work.

Ps I hope allenh has plenty of popcorn and has not fallen asleep in his comfy chair. New build identity will be revealed soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 905
Here is my choice of identity for a bike starting with none. I've made my decision one way or tother, rightly or wrongly (Some will always disagree), but once again as with my Cobra it will have a little bit of my very own unique input, after all this will be a bike that will stay in my stable, cherished and ridden in rotation with my others.

When I first saw the bike in that dirty dusty old garage I already had my vision of what I wanted it to look like, it was part of my dream, a stable with Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 900
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 900
Wow! That is looking superb mate. Really nice colour choice.
look forward to watching it take shape :)

Jamie

Looking gorgeous..... but slow down, no need to rush straight to the money shot ;)

dutchie":15m95cij said:
Take care the stem is not too far out of the fork tube. Mind the markings. :|

Now that’s funny.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Like lacky doesn’t know how to build a bike (which is self evident as his wheels have fallen off) :roll: :facepalm:

I would presume that the lack of lock nut on the headset might suggest it’s just a mock-up for a progress photo?

Ps... I’ll wait to pass judgment on the bottle green mudguards!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back