Help What year ?.. Now with pics..

markwashington":2xog4y32 said:
I've just stumbled across this thread http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... =12850515& while looking for pics of pro tecs, so I'm going to pretty much support everything that was said there. I suspect it was a catalog BSO as all the pics of other pro tecs look BSO tastic.

The main let down on the bike when it was originally was the heavy excuse for suspension forks but other than that it rides pretty dam well and the frame is decently made and not all that heavy either and although theirs some fairly nasty quality BSO bikes out there this isn't one of them as the frame build quality is pretty top notch with straight tubes and really decent welds and yes it will be ridden as a XC bike when i've sorted it and thanks for finding that thread on the other forum as it's what i originally wrote ..

Re:

Please don't feel like I'm knocking your bike, it's an interesting frame. Here are some pics of other "team pro tec" bikes I've found. It appears they were a range of bikes, sadly I'm none the wiser as to when they came out or who sold them.

Attachments

• protec1.JPG
    protec1.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 176
  • protec2.JPG
    protec2.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 176
  • protec3.JPG
    protec3.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 176
Re: Re:

markwashington":1i7xr4tj said:
Please don't feel like I'm knocking your bike, it's an interesting frame. Here are some pics of other "team pro tec" bikes I've found. It appears they were a range of bikes, sadly I'm none the wiser as to when they came out or who sold them.

Sorry if i came across a little brash as i was just a little pressured here at the time i wrote it and thanks for the search although these bikes are made by the same company i can't find any further details other than a company that does bike helmets and other rider safety gear so i'm assuming this Pro Tec company had a series of cheapish mtb's made in the late 90's and here is a little insight to their other products at this online address http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/ ..Protective - Pro-Tec - Protection for Progression
pro-tec.net/protective‎

Just select ProTec in the brand search bar for an insight into what pro tec produce ..

So this is the best connection to the company that i can find atm ;

http://pro-tec.net/

So it looks like that's the original company but they no longer sell their own bikes so i'll delve further into it :? ..

Just for the record i no longer have the ProTec as i decided it wouldn't be worth while in the long run so i salvaged the best parts off it after it was left outside at my daughters only to suffer the outcome of it being open to the natural elements as their was no where else to store it after we had to move out from our last property and last year i purchased a neglected Rockrider off ebay which basically needs some new forks and the wheels need to be trued and the gears need to be sorted which i'll be able to do when i've got some more cable for it but for the moment it will have to wait as i've got the car tax to sort 1st and the wife's birthday next week which is a biggy :shock: but i'm not giving up until it's sorted :LOL: ..

Back