Help... Trying to identify my new retro Marin

Re:

The hole centres dimension for the Marin only mount is 59-60mm, just measured the swing-arm on bike I'm building, a Wolf Ridge.

While looking for info when I was building a Wild Cat Trail bike for my wife a few years ago, I found out that V-brake mounts screw in to caliper adaptor mounts in arm. The V-brake mounts from the arm itself fitted OK but found that pivot bolt thread didn't go all the way through. Had some others that did. You just cut them down till they are flush with mounts in arm, then you can use smaller bolts similar to disc-brake caliper mounting bolts.
From what I've read Marin used screw-in inserts as well with smaller bolts, no idea why they didn't just use smaller threaded mounts to begin with.

I've been in no rush to build this bike, sourching parts not in my "stock" and pure laziness are my excuses, but my mount will end up similar to the 2 part aluminium mount in The Big Cheese's last pic. It will be an IS mount as it's for Hope original M4 brakes.
The first pic with the mega bolts is big eck's, a MacRetro member. The other is the unicorn Marin mount which uses a special Hope caliper, if I'm remembering correctly, hard to find as well.

Latest posts

Back