HELP REQUIRED! Road Bike Novice! Should I buy this bike?

Re:

450 is a good price with a campag full 10 speed gruppo that looks in good condition

Put down 425 cash in front of his face & pretty sure you will walk away with the deal.

Can't go wrong with 450 for that. Along as there's no damage to the major components (frame cracks etc).

Even if it needs replacement wear parts it's a good price for you, he'll be less pleased about letting a 1750 quid bike go for 450....... But that's how the market is!

New chain, cassette, chainring(s), cables, brake pads (depending on what it needs) will give you several more years service.

That's massively better than anything you'll buy new for £450.

£450 will get you 8 speed most likely, 9 speed at a push on a bike probably at least 2kg heavier than that

Re:

If that's the asking price for the full bike then it's a no-brainer. Fantastic groupset and a quality frame.

Just check the frame over carefully and find out if the strange mark on the non-drive side chainstay is damage or a reflection caused by the shaping of the frame. See pic 2.

Mark.

To me, the chainrings look a bit worn - but not worn out (yet). I would be tempted to try a chain wear checker on that chain with a view to replacing it, or running cogs/chainrings/chain into the ground if its too far gone.

Back