Help!! M950 bb content

From memory they weren't the greatest bb. Adjustable but that was the only redeemable feature. The later 951 was better

Nice link btw ;)

hmmm everything is in but looking at the diagrams there should be some more bits?!?

My apologies, I stand corrected and didn't realise any of the sealed BB's were serviceable.

Were these the ones that were XTR specific with either longer or shorter splines than the cheaper XT, LX etc etc

Huntso":1o14wax1 said:
My apologies, I stand corrected and didn't realise any of the sealed BB's were serviceable.

Were these the ones that were XTR specific with either longer or shorter splines than the cheaper XT, LX etc etc

yup, XTR specific. lightest spline BB too.

well its put together but Id be buggered if it looks like it does in them diagrams ... and dont quite think I will be fitting it without someone knowing what they are doing has looked at it :oops:

daj":iv16txci said:
So can you use the later BB`s for a m950 crank? :?

I did! the M952 worked fine with the M950 cranks. M950/2/3 cranks were all identical anyway, just differing tiny spacers between the rings to compensate for 9speed.

So what we are saying rather than scratching me head with a bag of bits that I wont have confidence in unless I pay someone to put together ... Im better off tapping up CRC for a m952 BB for £33?? :D

theres not much to the M950, as long as the bearings feel smooth & you get the adjustment right (IE non drive side is like the old style cup & cone) then no probs. just be careful to not dislodge a roller bearing when u push the axle into place.
thats the other benefit to the M950 BB, you could adjust & remove "play"

Back