M950 BB options.

They are all 68mm, so probably not unless you can run them with spacers safely. Spindle length for m95x cranks is 112.5 or 116, at least that's what the xtr BB came in.

The 70mm shell cranks listed will be Italian threaded.

They are all 68mm, so probably not unless you can run them with spacers safely. Spindle length for m95x cranks is 112.5 or 116, at least that's what the xtr BB came in.

The 70mm shell cranks listed will be Italian threaded.
Thanks Ian, its been quite a while since I used an M95/ chainset, I forgot about the V1 delights that lay in wait to remind me. I have a V1 Dura Ace BB. What would stop me from using spacers with that narrower shell BB?Im assuming its a 109mm spindle on my Dura Ace BB,would the 3mm difference be noticeable and give chainline issues?

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't speak from experience as I've always been able to run an xtr BB. I may have run an ultegra once but it was on a 68 shell frame so didn't need to worry about spacers.

I'm sure it's been done, I'd worry about not having as much BB in the frame threads as intended, but it's a fairly small amount each side I guess.

Chain line wise, hard to say but it's only 1mm each side on the 118 Vs 116 axle and 1.5mmeach side on 109.5 Vs 112.5.

Back