Help identify this bike

Two of my Clauds - a 67 Super Coureur and a 1969 Electron Super Five - have that particular type of Williams chainset, so don't rule out CB yet! My 1963 Super Coureur does have the triangular design on the top of the fork crown too.

Early in the sixties, Clauds did come with steel stems -
Coureur1_2_61.jpg

(Catalogue image cheekily borrowed from http://www.nkilgariff.com/ - thanks!)

If it's an "Il Primo" stem, I think thee should be a small circular Italian flag coloured enamel badge on the top f the stem...

After Holdsworthy bought the trademarks, weren't CB, Grubb and Macleans frames frequently the same as Holdsworth models?

Had a look today. Firstly it's a respray, but rubbing away the black I found traces of a electric blue metalic. It has old bits of light blue outer cable still left on it.
The rtear mech is a Huret Svelto? in good nick.
The chainset is chrome, cottered and a williams 'looky likey' unless they did a cheaper stamped one as well.
The saddle is a B15, brown with perforations in the flap.

The frame number is stamped on the shell 24457

Mean anything?

i have a 69 raleigh carlton this is very similar to it but if you see the lugs on the seat stay there totaly different, however the forks , brakes, pedals and seat are the same :? ,also the head badge is drilled and rivited into position.
I have a couple of raleighs, two have that type of fork but one does'nt.
Hope this helps,
Lee.
IMAG0630.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

1969 raleigh carlton
IMAG0627.jpg

1980 europa
IMAG0631.jpg

1977 arena

Goldie I think has it. It's looking like a basic FH Grub Routier. The frames identical in every way to an Electron on the fork differs and looks like those I've seen in pics of Grubbs.
Under the black it's metalic blue on both frame and fork, that ties in with the light blue outer cables.
Clauds seem to start with No 5 in their serial numbers and Grubbs with 2's this being 22457.
Colour and parts point to a 1967 Routier in Riviera blue?
Of course removing the forks to confirm a match would seal it.

Cheers

Back