Help.. good pics of GT2x4 fork dropouts

dablk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Morning All,
Just picked up a 91’ Zaskar shed find. It’s got 2x4 that are looking a little sorry for themselves.

I’d anyone able to get me some good photos please of what the adjustable dropouts should look like? I’m guessing I maybe missing some bits.

Thank you

Mine look pretty sorry for themselves too!

82A17363-2461-46CF-9F60-6A1D07B32A8D.jpeg

Cheers. I just assumed there would be a slide block. Mine have the external springs still but the screws are bent.they also look very long.
IMG_7624.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that's it.....just the same as you get on many road bike dropouts

the very best image I have ever seen of these came from this ere forum.

I think I've got a couple of screws that would work.

given there is only 1 screw there I'm assuming the other is stuck in the fork or worse snapped off. if you want to run the forks over we can have a look at extraction. I'll have a look when I'm home to see if I've got an m3 or m4 helicoil, so if it's snapped off we can drill out and rethread.

Your judgment is correct unfortunately the worse of the two options. Even after an overnight soak. Pretty much was hanging off already and snapped as soon as I breathed on it. Will drop you a PM. I’m happy to give it a go but if your have better kit then any help appreciated.

Your judgment is correct unfortunately the worse of the two options. Even after an overnight soak. Pretty much was hanging off already and snapped as soon as I breathed on it. Will drop you a PM. I’m happy to give it a go but if your have better kit then any help appreciated.
I reckon I have the technology but I can't promise the paint will survive. :)

Back