Helicopter Tape

FairfaxPat":34v2bpyc said:
Yo Neill-you could also spray clear lacquer over your decals-I've done that before and achieved good results.

Hmmm :?

How easy is this????

The new decals I have off Gil could do with protecting a little more, as they dont seem as tough as the original GT ones. Would this solve my problem????

FairfaxPat":3w2hb8yp said:
Yo Neill-you could also spray clear lacquer over your decals-I've done that before and achieved good results.

Hey Pat :)
I guess the idea might work good over in Marin County but I think the harsh UK weather/riding conditions might trash a lacquer coating.

Hey Neill

I bought some off ebay (can't remember which seller), it was a meter long strip I think.

It's clear but quite thick- an advange for protection but maybe not so good for invisible edges.

It sticks fairly well (unless it's on weird-shaped bits) but also peels off without too much hassle and can be 'molded' to a certain degree.

Hope this helps!

Neil

beepbeep":z5c2js0b said:
It's clear but quite thick- an advange for protection but maybe not so good for invisible edges.

It sticks fairly well (unless it's on weird-shaped bits) but also peels off without too much hassle and can be 'molded' to a certain degree.

Hope this helps!

Neil

Better to suited to crank arms and main tubes then?

The easy thing about spraying clear lacquer is that it is quick and easy to repeat with another coat if it gets dodgy looking!

another suggestion is the 3M brand clear protective stuff you can get applied to your car front end to protect from stone chips. it's super clear transparent, and very durable.

only problem i see with clear tape is if it gets nicked, it'll be a pita to remove the tape from the decal if it needs to be replaced.

automotive clear coat paint spray MIGHT be a better option, as that CAN be buffed and resprayed.

Got some 3m anti chaffe tape we use on aircraft, let me know if it will be any use and I will send you some.

Back