Bankrupt Bike Parts

Their 'Miscellaneous' section often rivals the centre aisles at Aldi... who knew I needed a fluorescent tax disc holder!

Has anyone bought stuff from this website / got any experience of it?

They have some good stuff at sensible prices.

I am tempted by these wheels - i need a set with silver rims and Shimano hubs. I don't need them to be period-perfect (would prefer Mavic 321 with Deore XT, but none available right now). These look good, and at 63 quid look like a bargain.

Yeah I have.
They have some great or at least serviceable bits for super cheap prices. The postage seems to kill the value for one off purchases but combining items works well. They seem friendly and helpful too.

Reactions: JCS
Just taken delivery , handlebars. Great price but shipping pricey. That said, it was DPD who are imo the best uk parcel delivery company.

Has anyone bought stuff from this website / got any experience of it?

They have some good stuff at sensible prices.

I am tempted by these wheels - i need a set with silver rims and Shimano hubs. I don't need them to be period-perfect (would prefer Mavic 321 with Deore XT, but none available right now). These look good, and at 63 quid look like a bargain.

Brilliant seller, my go to bike shop. Great range of retro parts, great prices, fast dispatch and they will refund postage if you order several items same address so you only pay once, I have bought dozens of items never a problem

They do have some good stuff though do tend to slip me curve balls on occasion hoping because of the low price bargain the error will be overlooked, eg: wrong model of tyres, wrong size tyre, wrong picture in advertisment, wrong crankset 96bcd and not 104bcd as ordered. Became somewhat tetchy when asked to replace, taking 6weeks "well we sent it sir", Refund me emediately please and if your item turns up after this I shall not Click & Collect it. The item in question turned up 5 days later, smelling a rat, I visited royal mail and enquired when this item was posted "when was this posted sir?, Six weeks ago or 5 days ago?". Way ahead of me.

Just taken delivery , handlebars. Great price but shipping pricey. That said, it was DPD who are imo the best uk parcel delivery company.
Just check delivery on some bar to me, only Royal Mail as the choices, cheapest £4.

Which to be fair is the same as a bus to town and back with the governments cheap fare deals.
So not bad, even if I resent paying shipping fees for cheap things.

Reactions: enc
Just check delivery on some bar to me, only Royal Mail as the choices, cheapest £4.

Which to be fair is the same as a bus to town and back with the governments cheap fare deals.
So not bad, even if I resent paying shipping fees for cheap things.
Royal Mail NEVER delivers on time ... DPD almost always delivers on time.

Royal Mail NEVER delivers on time ... DPD almost always delivers on time.
Eh, not really a choice that came up. I can only choose what they give as a choice.
All choices for two bars or just some small objects was royal Royal Mail, just different lead times and insurance.
Insurance choice I never got, since that should be up to the sender, it's them covering their back since they're shipping. They're not covering my back.

If DPD was not a choice, they're never going to deliver it on time.

Reactions: enc
I just find it ironic that the original/longest-standing mail delivery service (Royal Mail) is amongst the worst... just don't get me started on Evri (Hermes) LOL !!

IMO, without a doubt, you get what you pay for when it comes to courier parcel delivery service. DPD, regular updates as to where your parcel is at, 1 hour delivery time slot which is pretty much bang on

Is anybody old enough to remember when your mail arrived through your letterbox before... 8am LOL !!

edit, sorry if thgis has gone a bit off track ... Bankrupt bike co ... are good guys LOL !

Back