Have you suffered abuse for riding a retro?

Re:

Have YOU suffered abuse at the hands of a Retrobike?

Has jumped up OIK laughed at your skinny tyres?

Were groups of young fellow me LADS pointing at your skinny tubes and no suspension?

Where theres a BLAME theres a CLAIM with RB Claims For YOU

(supported by Shotgun Dribble & Bastard Solicitors)

Just go to RB-Claims-For-You.co.uk/arse/flangegrabber

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":1pw9ykcs said:
66 triumph daytona":1pw9ykcs said:
My 2010 Giant XTC winter hack has XTR M970 and a guy recently pointed out how retro the groupset was.A 2008 groupset is retro to them now :roll: .
I hope you corrected them

M970 is just old, not retro ;-)
Nah,M970 is neither old nor retro,its an excellent and solid groupset thats still winning races and providing sterling service.

No.

As with others quite the reverse though with the trusty daily steed being a 27 yr old Claude Butler Ventlox 400,that is mostly original.
Sat a long while with the sun on one side only so ive a bit of a Klein fade going on :D

Most middle aged guys on modern bikes are alright, but there’s always insecure knobbers that will try and put you down in any group,

Equally you could say there’s a touch of inverse snobbery amongst us retro cognoscenti!

xxnick1975":1z5ubcij said:
Most middle aged guys on modern bikes are alright, but there’s always insecure knobbers that will try and put you down in any group,

Equally you could say there’s a touch of inverse snobbery amongst us retro cognoscenti!

The odd thing is that as a fat middle aged bloke if I am riding a Team Motorola replica Eddy Merckx in a team Jersey you'd get a lot of 'nice bike' comments.
If I was on a Team Sky replica Pinarello Dogma in a SKY top I'd be a tw*t.

Jealousy I guess?

I kind of want a Dogma, may just have to hide it for a few years. :LOL:

Re:

Love playing the eccentric! MTB didn’t really exist in Malaysia 15 years ago so virtually no one knows MTBs used to have rim brakes. I get a huge kick showing up on a ‘95 7 speed, cantis, rigid fork. They probably think it’s a ‘hybrid’ with knobblies, those whippersnappers who show curiousity usually get a history lesson!

Back