Have you suffered abuse for riding a retro?

mkone":afj1k9ma said:
If anything then its usually people interested in something different or reminiscing about days of old :)

Most just ride on by enjoying themselves same as me, i should imagine the older gents on full sus carbons are trying to boost their ego's, hence the thousands of pounds of bicycle in the first place :roll:

Pretty much nailed it.

just from a few shops and the occasional internet warrier inexperienced audi driving s-works owner at a trail centre.......

most folk like it if the comment, i had some slavor at mayhem a few years ago but it turned out it was a load of lads from here hahahahha giving it some banter ;)

Re: Re:

jimo746":2o1pmyrj said:
Only once.

From some guy on an e-bike.

Oh the irony! :facepalm:

:LOL:

LMAO. Love it.

I've only had people stop and admire my retros, or if on the road generally say nice things.

As said elsewhere, I think its different in the road bike/audax fraternity... although we have our own unsavoury flavour of MAMILS...

ultrazenith":1cf4cqdf said:
I or my Rourke must attract idiots, then, or else it's just a Portuguese thing.

Or it might just be the previous ‘special’ owner vibe.

I can see how this can happen - I had to hold my opinions in last saturday when I saw a youth sitting on a KTM e bike in a shop in Bristol. It looked like it weighed a tonne, and got me thinking "does it pull its weight" and how the hell would you survive in a crash if it landed on you! I doubt you could bunny hop it up a kerb. and if the battery went flat - you would need 4x4 recovery as theres no way you could pedal it up a mountain! - i guess they all carry a spare battery in their ruc sacs?
Mind you they did have a nice discount bin with 2 selle Flite Ti saddles in - I didnt even know you could still buy these new?

fotorat1":1x6bkamf said:
I can see how this can happen - I had to hold my opinions in last saturday when I saw a youth sitting on a KTM e bike in a shop in Bristol. It looked like it weighed a tonne, and got me thinking "does it pull its weight" and how the hell would you survive in a crash if it landed on you! I doubt you could bunny hop it up a kerb. and if the battery went flat - you would need 4x4 recovery as theres no way you could pedal it up a mountain! - i guess they all carry a spare battery in their ruc sacs?
Mind you they did have a nice discount bin with 2 selle Flite Ti saddles in - I didnt even know you could still buy these new?

That is sooooo wrong...kids riding e-bikes wtf. No wonder obesity is on the rise in modern kids. Agree with LGF, fitness and riding ability on an old retro trumps most. Not that i have much of either these days.

Latest posts

Back