Has anyone built a Gravel bike using a retro frame

Waiting on this to be delivered, Peugeot 1998 comp off road hybrid frame, columbus thron triple tubi. Sadly it's a year too new for proper retro status but hey, thats what I got. my plan is to resurrect the mule........if possible

Attachments

• Peugeot 1998 UK Brochure Pg20.jpg
    Peugeot 1998 UK Brochure Pg20.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 638
DrJo":3g5whiy4 said:
Waiting on this to be delivered, Peugeot 1998 comp off road hybrid frame, columbus thron triple tubi. Sadly it's a year too new for proper retro status but hey, thats what I got. my plan is to resurrect the mule........if possible

Nice, are those 700c wheels?

Going through old photos, found a bike I set up for a friend years ago.
Sorted all the issues concerning road STIs with mountain FD and such by putting there a road FD and turning the pull. Originally got the bike for free with broken shifters and most parts non original.
Actually not sure how known are Heavy Tools bikes on this forum, but especially the 90s ones before the brand got sold were nice, very simply designed bikes.
Photo is taken before some final fitting, bar tape and such.

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 559
GCN call them "Garbage Gravel", but even their cheaply put together retro gravel bike is only slightly slower (less than 10%) than their top of the range Canyon gravel bike, a margin that should get narrower if their tests compensated for the obviously different rolling resistance between a set of 26" mtb tyres and a set of tubeless 700c gravel tyres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO0-EmlkP1M

Re:

DBR Axis titanium, 27.5 wheels, rim brakes. Rims are Sunxcd rannonneé, brakes are Chinese units with the possibility to adjust the pads to rims up to 28". Tyres are Veerubber 1.90, Midge bars, Vbrake compatible Tektro levers. 38 front ring, 11 42 cogset

Attachments

• dbr.jpg
    dbr.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 430
Re: Re:

novekili":3tcxvg17 said:
DBR Axis titanium, 27.5 wheels, rim brakes. Rims are Sunxcd rannonneé, brakes are Chinese units with the possibility to adjust the pads to rims up to 28". Tyres are Veerubber 1.90, Midge bars, Vbrake compatible Tektro levers. 38 front ring, 11 42 cogset

Can you tell/show us more about the v brake units, as I think the possibility to use 650b on a retro 26er frame would be interesting to quite a few of us.

Back