Harry Quinn dating and value

thanks i know of classicrendezous and will post pics a bit latter as brother is respraying one and lacquering 2nd with patina in place mislaid a box of parts which had several original sets of transfers so he is airbrushing them on will post pics when done

I was recently lucky enough to meet an old gent with 2 Harry Quinn's he and his wife had raced. He knew Harry well and had both bikes made to measure and built by Harry Quinn. He also had a tandem built later when Harry had moved to South Wales, Tenby I believe.

Unfortunately, as has been said above, Frank Clements bought the name and basically used it to badge up some very mediocre frames and sell them off for a quick profit. If it doesn't have the 'Q' serial number, then in reality its not a Quinn frame.

I've also seen one of the last Harry Quinn frames which were hyped up as the 'last available Quinn frames'. Still in bubble wrap and never been built up. A horrible piece of Reynolds 501 kindly badged up care of Clements. However, the owner is convinced his sat on a unique piece of cycling history and expects around £500 for it :roll:

I picked one up at a jumble a year or two back at a 'bargain' price. Fitted with a Campag Record headset, Nervex Pro lugs, Zeus 2000 dropouts, a C&G finish with their trademark hand written script for the original owners name, it looked good. However, the headset was shot and made up of odd bits and when I checked the tubing up from the bottom bracket it was seamed - so nothing special after all, and it was heavy in comparison to other 531 frames I have. It did however have a 'proper' Q number under the BB, made up of the 'O' and a squiggle but it was in the 5000's denoting after 1980 so a Frank Clements one.

Caveat Emptor!

sorry about above link will get pics later cant link them together the above is brothers car bonnet hand done hes paining frames

Harry quinn restoration

Harry Quinn pictures

Attachments

• download1.jpg
    download1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,056
  • download2.jpg
    download2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • download3.jpg
    download3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • download4.jpg
    download4.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • download5.jpg
    download5.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,053
  • download6.jpg
    download6.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,054
  • download7.jpg
    download7.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,054
  • download8.jpg
    download8.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,055
I have a Harry Quinn Viking Severn Valley. I didn't know what it was until someone pointed out the strange Q frame number. I thought that it had just been miss stamped . The frame number begins VQ, the Q being made from an O and a 1 . The V denotes that it is a Severn Valley. One of the Northern Ireland era. I believe my model is from 1977 an early model. The components are Campagnolo with Mavic handlebars , the rims have been replaced with Wobbler clincher ones. I bought the bike second hand last year and have been cleaning it up .

Back