Haro Extreme

Re: Re:

Jussa":30s4spar said:
Like! Like! Like! :D what a great looking machine, I think the Girvins work well and the clean crisp finish makes it look a bit swishl indeed. :)

Thank you very much! I've put a lot of thought and effort into this one and I really love how it's turning out.

Re:

very interesting. i like what you've done with it. especially, surprisingly… the forks, looks right at home with the frame.

Re:

Nice modification. Not sure if Deore levers are compatible with cane creek cantis or cantis in general. (Besides the combos are really ugly, imho, imho...)

skolioza":2065f5r6 said:
nice frame, forks also matching to me, but no feel rest of the stuff :(

So what don't you like? And don't be sad, I love this bike! It could be rotting in a backyard!

Somehow it looks very cool, I like the combination of frame and the fork very much.
What weighs such a Haro frame ..looks quite stable.

skolioza said:
Generaly I'm not feeling hanging newer components on retro frames

ok I can respect that, however in the back of my mind I know that companies choose decent stuff yet the cheapest of whatever they're equipping. That to me nullifies whatever manufacturers intend to be "correct" and I certainly don't adhere to what businesses intend to be the standard. Although in the early 90's I believe there was much less of that going on with the higher end stuff, cos mountain bikes were relatively new and used decent components. But my vision of this one will be one of a kind, and that's what I care about.

Nader":2gugzszp said:
Somehow it looks very cool, I like the combination of frame and the fork very much.
What weighs such a Haro frame ..looks quite stable.

Hey thanks, I'm not sure what it weighs, but when its done I'll take it to work and put it on the big scale. The frame alone is very light, all aluminum, the forks are aluminum, so its pretty light.

Back