handle bar tape/brake cable colour

lotus

Dirt Disciple
i have an 1983 Raleigh sbu . I have some NOS Bennetto white bar tape . The bike is a Panasonic bike . I have decided to go non aero on the Campag levers and expose the cables . Should the cables be White or black ?

lotus":3c346ifk said:
i have an 1983 Raleigh sbu . I have some NOS Bennetto white bar tape . The bike is a Panasonic bike . I have decided to go non aero on the Campag levers and expose the cables . Should the cables be White or black ?

Black would always be my choice for the last 41 years, white on non aero is a bit too much I think, but it's whatever you yourself are happy with. :)

A classic look, though not a roadie myself, I would say would be white tape/white cable outer.

A better sleeker, more striking look would be black cable, white tape.
Black on bikes pretty much fades into the background, and the cables then become less noticeable and makes the bike look better.

Back in the classic era, taste had no place :LOL: :LOL:

dyna-ti":2pnjbl0x said:
A classic look, though not a roadie myself, I would say would be white tape/white cable outer.

A better sleeker, more striking look would be black cable, white tape.
Black on bikes pretty much fades into the background, and the cables then become less noticeable and makes the bike look better.

Back in the classic era, taste had no place :LOL: :LOL:

I dabbled with white cables a couple of times over the years but as soon as they were on I changed my mind and took them off again! So I stick with black.

I used to strip the plastic off the outers on my TT bike to save weight :) aside from that I like white lol

Green. Flouro green. On the right.

And purple elsewhere. As long as each outer is different in couloir you’ll pull it off.

Back