GT RTS

Bit more progress on this one.

Aluminium back end taken from the donor bike and cleaned up/polished. Plus the 'Rocker Tuned Suspension' decal fitted.

Also, the shock has had a service and working properly now. The oil was cavitating, so that's all sorted.

Next job will be the wheels and tyres. I'm thinking either Spins, or Ringle rear hub and re-build the front onto matching rims.

Tyres will be Dart/Smoke combo.

I'm thinking a bit more anodised red is needed.

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

With the donor front end there, it was a shame not to piece it back together with the steel back end and a few bits from this bikes original build.
Due to the cracks in the BB, it wont be used in anger.
Just needs a chain, cassette and cabling up.

Looking at it, it'd be nice with a set of Judy SL's, but don't really want to put money towards it considering the cracks.

cheers
Chris

If it were up to me, I'd take those tan-walls off and replace them with all-black tyres on the newly built GT ...

Update time.

After ages searching I finally have a set of Spin Wheels for the RTS. Cheers Andy :D

They're in great condition with a sound braking surface. The rear bearings had some play in them and the freehub needed a quick clean up, so that was all sorted. Quick surface clean of the wheels and a wax then got them fitted.

Love the way the decals are reflective.

Going to order a set of smoke/darts from a certain German website and maybe a better condition saddle then i'd say that's it finished.

If it's good weather tomorrow I'll get out and take some decent photos.

cheers
Chris

i really enjoyed to see this transformation :D
just saw this auction, might be to large, but nonetheless it reminded me on the cracked second frame....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Very nice!

I especially love the red ano and the Spins!

Blackwall Tires are also a good improvement. Hope, they arrive soon.

I am big fan of seatpost and stem matching in color. the black seatpost looks a bit lost at the moment. As the stem looks pretty cool I would look for a silver seatpost.

Thanks for the comments.

Not going to be blackwall tyres i'm afraid.

These arrived and are now fitted.

Must get it outside and some recent photos done.

Seatpost may get changed; a rather nice USE post arrived in the post today, but had that ear-marked for another project.

Back