gt rts 3

sorry that was roughly the price when new,there is a review in the gt archive on here the review is from mbuk i think,gives you the full spec and the selling price for the full bike.

any pics fellas

they ride well ,dont really feel like a full susser ,yet then you realise the comfort and the traction

I have noticed that the back end is really quite stiff,its not built up but its solid!
its not the same like when you compress the mag 21's.
are all of them the same or is the shock seen better days!?

sounds about right dave , they lock out when you pedal ,hence the DH tag

stick wheels and forks on it then try the bouncy bit

if they bob or "tick"as you pedal the shocks goosed

mikee":8bzxpvd4 said:
sounds about right dave , they lock out when you pedal ,hence the DH tag

stick wheels and forks on it then try the bouncy bit

if they bob or "tick"as you pedal the shocks goosed
did gt lower the spec on these bikes as time went on, i have noticed that some people say the gt1 and gt2 had better specs, is this correct. also anyone know where i can find the original sales info, i cant seem to open the gt archive on this site, cant find any decent reviews on the gt 3

the higher the number the lower the spec
the first ones were us built , easy way to tell is the flat top tube end cap (on a US built one ) as opposed to a curved one (asian built) as per a zaskar
the GT tech shop ones were US built , the team and i think the 1's
later ones had most of the problems worked out and were less prone to breaking as far as i can tell
carrati (GT uk agents in the 90's) did reduce the prices drasticaly on the RTS around 96/7 in a bid to clear stocks as everyone wanted LTS's
so seen them with alivio stuff on them from new , my lbs had loads of them at i think about £350 each, they were mostly 16" ones tho

mikee":jjw1f4zm said:
the higher the number the lower the spec
the first ones were us built , easy way to tell is the flat top tube end cap (on a US built one ) as opposed to a curved one (asian built) as per a zaskar
the GT tech shop ones were US built , the team and i think the 1's
later ones had most of the problems worked out and were less prone to breaking as far as i can tell
carrati (GT uk agents in the 90's) did reduce the prices drasticaly on the RTS around 96/7 in a bid to clear stocks as everyone wanted LTS's
so seen them with alivio stuff on them from new , my lbs had loads of them at i think about £350 each, they were mostly 16" ones tho
looking at the picture on ebay of the one i have just bought, looks like asian not us, the forks are rst dont know if they are any good, asked the seller about spec and he said i could find it on google as its standard spec, i thought they were all stx, where does stx fall, is it above lx.

Xtr,xt,lx,stx,olivio.
There used to be a dx gruppo but shimamo dropped it early/mid 90's
The first issue of the rts bikes there was only the rts 1 and 2 the 1 was full m900 xtr. The rts2 was xt and lx both bikes had a 4130 chrome rear triangle.
After this the line up changed the team and rts 3 were introduced full xtr on the team (rock shock mag 21 sl ti forks I think I maybe wrong) and the rest of the bikes grouppos were changed eg rts1 was xt maybe xt/lx both USA made still,all these frames were full Ali Inc rear end not sure about the others,so I think by the end there were 4 rts models.

I may have a few things wrong but some one will make things clearer soon I hope!!!! Lol

Back