GT RTS 1 / Team

Perhaps, '92 and '93 models had the one bottle mount and no noodles on the cable routing. '94 onwards had both mounts and cable noodles?
My '94 has the latter (even though it is a 'substandard' RTS 2 !)

Just a thought

Chris

mtbdave":dztqxq82 said:
You make it sound bad having a 1 and not a team....

Don't forget that Julie furtado rode the original Gt rts-1 to a downhill gold, the only downhill gold the rts model won....

:) just puzzled more than anything. Thought I'd sussed it but as minifreak's is a team and has no noodle the puzzlement continues. I'll definitely take the frame number later.

It's down on it's wheels now all set up bar the blue cranks going on. Had a play with the front end and I do think the tiny knock is the forks. I'll not ride it much so I'll keep an eye on that but should be fine. Will dig out my other judy equipped bikes to see if they're similar.

It can see daylight once it's complete!

Factory Jackson":1ktffdid said:
Perhaps, '92 and '93 models had the one bottle mount and no noodles on the cable routing. '94 onwards had both mounts and cable noodles?
My '94 has the latter (even though it is a 'substandard' RTS 2 !)

Just a thought

Chris

Quite possible yes, exactly the sort of thing you'd expect as a model goes through its lifecycle.

Interesting. It's definitely 6061 (as much as the faded old sticker can confirm that). Cabling looks like it may be of the older set up.

Here it is currently, just awaiting the cranks which due to some diary clashes won't be happening tonight. I really should tidy up the bombsite that is the garage (we're moving soon so I have had to promise not to start any more projects for the timebeing) but I may whack the red ones on and go for a spin. I've also since taking the snap addressed the idiotically long rear mech cable, god knows what I was doing there.

72496937-1B9A-4680-92A6-13CC3D1CFDDA_zpsodlwofoq.jpg

Finally got the frame number too. It is - 02932011 18. Assuming I have read it correctly I presume that the 18 is the size (which I know it is) and that the '93 in the number relates to the year. That would then make it a RTS 1 given that the Team did not exist in '93 and that at some point somebody has put an alloy back end on it. it can be a Team though for this incarnation for the time being!

If nothing else this gives me some more potential entertainment should I ever decide to make it factory spec as I already have a restored steel rear end.

Re:

i think we are +/- on the same page to what an RTS should look like!..here is mine..

where did you get the team decals?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 761
Re: Re:

34henry3w":2tcnuz5i said:
i think we are +/- on the same page to what an RTS should look like!..here is mine..

where did you get the team decals?

Very much so, I like yours a lot!

As far as decals go I got them from Gil at Retrodecals. He's on here as Gil but this i his website with his email details:

http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk/

I can't understand why i hate alu framed bikes and yet drool over these :facepalm: and yes mate your GT is looking really yummy :cool: ..

Re:

I can testify that this is absolutely stonking in person... one needs sunglasses to view it, it's that shiny! Great work mate. :cool:

Back