GT Lightning -97 project with anodized graphics

Re:

That's definitely going to be something very special and with pulstar hubs to boot...yummy, the anodised decals have definitely given me some idea's for future projects :D .

Retro Spud":2xfjs461 said:
How big was your tank ?

That’s the great thing with titanium, you don’t need one for these smaller anodizations :)

You just attach the + wire to the frame and cover the - wire with for example some makeup cleaner pad, cotton ball or similar that’s dipped in electrolyte (for me TSP mixed in water) and after that you just use the moist pad pretty much like a paint brush!

This is actually pretty simple method and quite non-hazardous when you’re using batteries instead of a proper DC source.

-Turkka

Re:

It took me 1.5 years total, but now it's finally finished! Sorry for being lazy and not posting any progress during the journey, but didn't want to spoil anything. :)

It was definitely a really fun project to do and I really enjoyed taking the time with it!

p5pb18841196.jpg

p5pb18841195.jpg

p5pb18841194.jpg

p5pb18841197.jpg

p5pb18841190.jpg

p5pb18841199.jpg

p5pb18841189.jpg

p5pb18841198.jpg

p5pb18841192.jpg

p5pb18841193.jpg

p5pb18841188.jpg

Re:

You certainly have chosen well on the components and the blue decals on the RC36's just complement the look so well. One very small and nitpiccy point ( I hate doing this as the bike is 99.99999% amazing) The peeling Paul's decal on the front canti needs attention, you can easily remove the stained old dirty glue with a cotton bud and thinners and use clear spray mount to reattatch the now clean and peeling decal. Sorry to point this out but the rest of the bike is so good, this catches the eye

Re:

That is a very good point yakboy! I already have new decals for the brakes that Gil made based on my drawings, but wanted to keep the original ones there at least for now. May change them later on!

Re:

That's amazing!
A top class build with beautiful kit.
The parts choice really compliment the Ti frame and anodizing your own grafix was a class idea.

It would look great in a photo shoot with a race car or classic of some description.

Back