Great Dun fell road ride April 14th REVISED ROUTE

Just been reading about Dun Fell - it’s particularly un-retro friendly from a gearing perspective. It’s 15% to 20% at the latter half.

39/23 is as low as I go! I’m going to look silly.

Benandemu":85woi7qt said:
Just been reading about Dun Fell - it’s particularly un-retro friendly from a gearing perspective. It’s 15% to 20% at the latter half.

I probably have a 8speed 12 -28 you could put on for the day

Benandemu":23dz5xrh said:

Stick an old mountainbike triple on just for the day. Might spoil the look of the bicycle but you'll get up the hill :D

20%... I'm definitely bringing the tourer. The panniers can stay at Clives though!

Ben, if you're taking the Colnago and running a 111mm square taper I can bring a 9 speed triple with me. Short cage mech should handle a 30-23 (I think) and youd just need to adjust the limit screws and drop the FD a couple of mm as its got a 50 at the front.

I also have a Centaur compact that will fit on a 111 bb

Cheers for the offers, but I committed myself to the latest project, which is the Dyna Tech.

I've got a handful of cassettes that I could use for the day, and one of them goes as low as 28 I'm sure.

Back