Great Dun fell road ride April 14th REVISED ROUTE

Re:

Good news, got to keep racking up those miles! It's just occurred to me that the perfect solution to the cafe problem* would be for us all to load our snacks into your panniers, help you out with your preparation...
I do so like to be helpful ;)

*not really a problem

Re: Re:

elPedro666":13t1ojtd said:
Good news, got to keep racking up those miles! It's just occurred to me that the perfect solution to the cafe problem* would be for us all to load our snacks into your panniers, help you out with your preparation...
I do so like to be helpful ;)

*not really a problem

Not such a daft suggestion Pedro... Since I need to overnight, I could quite happily bring the tourer. If I empty the double panniers at Clive's thats a lot of sarnie-carrying capacity. :D

Good news Ken

I will have a scout round for a suitable stop for us and will take us up Dun Fell

Cake, sausage rolls and homity pie on order

Re:

This looks good however I start work at 4pm and it's a 2 hour drive back to Glasgow so it's too tight for time. Hopefuly another time

Can you post up the route as I've been studying the OS map for the area and the road up Great Dun Fell looks like an unmade farm track from the cottages at High Close onwards.

Hawmaw":vs3fnprt said:
This looks good however I start work at 4pm and it's a 2 hour drive back to Glasgow so it's too tight for time. Hopefuly another time

Can you post up the route as I've been studying the OS map for the area and the road up Great Dun Fell looks like an unmade farm track from the cottages at High Close onwards.

Never been but I’m told it’s a well maintained private road owned by the radar station at the top, and only open to walkers and cyclist.

Hawmaw":3pmkx1q1 said:

Tell them the car is playing up and the AA are on their way "Not gonna make it until gone 7" :p

Benandemu":3pmkx1q1 said:
I may have done a deal with work...

Looks like I'll be there...

:D Nice one Ben

Back