Great Dun fell road ride April 14th REVISED ROUTE

It's all fallen through - I'm out.

Clive, you really need to host a couple of these a year. Sad that I can't make this one, but wishing everyone a great time who can.

Re: Re:

kingbling":1m3a06c7 said:
Myshrall189":1m3a06c7 said:
Just pulled the (slightly) modern bike out the shed. Managed to unseize the chain and lube her up.
Looking forward to this one.
Rich.

Nice one Rich will this be your Ribble

No. Not the “fake ribble”. That is a retro mountain bike of unknown origin, with ribble decals on.
I will be on the kuota full carbon road bike. Not retro, but I will try for a retro shirt.
Hopefully retro powered next time.
Rich.

Re:

Bad news Ben, catch you on the next one though! I keep promising a Peaks ride so maybe we can shake out a date in May for that when we're all together at Clive's.

Rich, would my Giant CFR be too small for you? Marked as 53 but measures 54square if memory serves... '99 I think, so passably retro ;)

Benandemu":15fvld6i said:
It's all fallen through - I'm out.

Clive, you really need to host a couple of these a year. Sad that I can't make this one, but wishing everyone a great time who can.

Sorry to hear that Ben
As for more rides I did organise another last year but sadly had no takers.

Myshrall189":15fvld6i said:
. Not retro, but I will try for a retro shirt.
Hopefully retro powered next time.
Rich.

All good I may take out a retro mod just so I'm not to far behind the racing snakes. ;)

Re: Re:

elPedro666":3t567v0r said:
Bad news Ben, catch you on the next one though! I keep promising a Peaks ride so maybe we can shake out a date in May for that when we're all together at Clive's.

Rich, would my Giant CFR be too small for you? Marked as 53 but measures 54square if memory serves... '99 I think, so passably retro ;)

Cheers Pete. My kuota is a “small” so I look like donkey Kong riding it!
But you know how often I crash so probably safer on my own bike :facepalm:
Rich

Re:

Donkey Kong! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That's something to look forward to!

PEAKS RIDE
As we've got a few eyes on this I thought I'd take the opportunity to suggest a Peak District Retro Road Ride on May the 12th or 13th.

No need to reply here and derail Clive's thread but wanted to give everyone chance to check their diaries so we can chat about dates etc while we're riding ;)

Route recce tomorrow with a little luck...

Re:

Drove past on the A66 on Friday... there was still snow on the top of the fell.

I'm sure it'll be away before next Saturday... My only concern is that it will have been replaced by fresh stuff!

No snow forecast for this week Ken so should be good. I will take us out the back around to Melmerby where we can stop at the tea room there then on to the main attraction afterwards we can head into Appleby for a second stop if needed then on to dry beck and Penrith for the finish.

Back