Road Ride Sunday 14th Jan

Re:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Still can't get photos on here, direct from my new android phone. Can anyone help?

Mike

Re:

Images from Strava 46 miles / 2,600ft of climbs

Attachments

• run out.JPG
    run out.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,482
Tim

side by side with HONC.... and the HONC was 50% off road :facepalm:

apologies for the wayward legs gone not sure where they've gone (still looking)
on yestdeays performance I think you owe it to yourself to do the full monty along with Mike and his ...ahhmm "Friend" :shock:

Attachments

• strava Goodwood ride.JPG
    strava Goodwood ride.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,481
  • honc%201.JPG
    honc%201.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,481
Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2q1w0rrx said:

Still can't get photos on here, direct from my new android phone. Can anyone help?

Mike

I've got an android phone but never tried to upload photos straight from the phone. normally I download them on to my laptop, resize them and then load them on to here.

Retro Spud":2qdq9nqp said:
Tim

side by side with HONC.... and the HONC was 50% off road :facepalm:

apologies for the wayward legs gone not sure where they've gone (still looking)
on yestdeays performance I think you owe it to yourself to do the full monty along with Mike and his ...ahhmm "Friend" :shock:

Interesting to see the statistics side by side, I would have been happy to ride more yesterday but it's easier on the road isn't it. Maybe I should just man up and do the 100km!

Re: Re:

tim75":260fwh0y said:
Mike Muz 67":260fwh0y said:

Mike

I've got an android phone but never tried to upload photos straight from the phone. normally I download them on to my laptop, resize them and then load them on to here.

I tried to download them to Flickr. Was easy with my old phone, a Microsoft Lumia. Can't seem to do it here though. Can get them on Facebook straight from the phone. May just have to do links to the photos.

Re:

Yestdeays? I know your a bit of a yokel, but yestyeads? :facepalm:

I'm afraid I'll have to put a link to the photos, as for some reason I can't upload them from my new android phone to Flickr! :roll: :facepalm:

Had a few miles ride to get there. Sadly wasn't motivated to do the 30 miles each way, as I'd planned. Looking fresh, well I had only done three miles!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5ADFAB6B

First there, no sooner had I pulled up outside the pub, when some seedy little man with a familiar face kerb crawled towards me. Ah yes, I remember, it was Spud! Flippin' eck, Spud! From like 2 1/2 hrs drive away through, like, counties and stuff! :shock:
Disappearing to find a parking space, he was soon back dressed, er , keenly, shall we say! And with his shiny Trek fishing line bike. Swiftly followed by Tim, on his lovely red S Works, which despite the banter, didn't look too bad with some flat bars on it. And then Godders too, with old faithful Saeco 'Dale.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AFB97A9

Ready for the off!
TBH, I've no bloody idea where we were for most of the ride, but the roads were mainly nice and quiet, a real breath of fresh air. Literarry, innit!
After at least several miles, Spud was starting to wilt, probly due to overheating, so we thought it time to lift his spirits and head for the cake stop.
Well, if you think it's sometimes frosty 'oop north, you come down here and get a table at this cafe! Couldn't have been more unwelcoming, short of locking the doors! 'We're full, sorry' was spluttered out by someone looking more vindictive than her age suggested she would be. Thankfully Tim had been here before, so asked if we could have a table outside. That was acceptable. Thanks :roll:
Cake and drinks ordered, we waited, and waited. Then the Sun came out, and lo and behold . . . . we had cake! But no drinks. We had to wait until we'd nearly finished the cake ( served on what looked like bits of an old chopping board! ) before they came! Spud had kindly made a special request while I was back at the table, and my rock hard flapjack came out with candles propped up against it. 50. Cheers mate, loved the sentiment! Unlit of course, well these things can be LETHAL!
It was touch and go as to who would had the strongest will. The flapjack, or my teeth! It was a close thing, but I think I just about won that one!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AE1DF78

So after some much needed sustenance, we were off again, through, er, somewhere south of Birmingham. At one point we came across a small herd of deer, managed to get a photo before they disappeared.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AFEAC5D

A bit more rolling road, then we were back in Havant, around 71km later. Tim very kindly gave me, like for free, a computer for my bike. Very generous, thanks mate ;) I have a nice white bike that will look good on :cool:

Then we said our farewells and went our separate ways.

Thanks for organizing it Tim, great route! Nice to see you all, even the man from the west coutry ;) :LOL:

Mike

P.S. Next time, I'm taking a proper camera! :oops:

What about the pic of your unlite and slightly broken candles....you senile old duffer

Just over 250 mile round trip.... But it was worth it just to see your face when heckled by a passing farmer in a VW from the Gloucestershire

Retro Spud":fskd27jo said:
What about your birthday candles....you senile old duffer

I mentioned them , and they're in one of the photos, young duffer! :LOL: :LOL: Get your specs on!

Back