gratuitous Ballistic shots...

I think it looks fantastic, and agree with the guy who says keep the finish the way it is.

The layout is very similar to what I've tried to achieve with this- http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62750, see bottom of the page - more so now that I've got a pair of black bottle cages and a black compact triple chainset on it, fitted with SPDs. A pair of better wheels with X221 rims are on their way, and the experiment to achieve 9 speed shifting with XT thumbies will follow!

You've done a great job.
Cheers
Steven

most of you will probably be pleased to know that ive decided against a respray, the original colour and finish is too nice.

in fact, the bike is currently stripped down as most of the parts are being tried out for size on a lovely Kona frame I picked up.
I tried out the Ballistic with a 130mm stem and although it felt better, something wasnt quite right for me (im pretty convinced its about an inch too short on the top tube for me).
I may decide to pass the frame on, but equally may keep it as a trophy, or a hand-me-down to my soon to be newborn, once I get him/her into retrobikes!

Before then I may give it another go with a higher rise bar/stem combo and see how I get on, although it'll most probably never look as good again as in the pics above...

J

I noticed you have the saddle angled down. If you have it level or even slightly up at the front, this may help with the riding position as it will put you more upright. Worth a try.

Cheers

wadsy":3n1stgs7 said:
J

I noticed you have the saddle angled down. If you have it level or even slightly up at the front, this may help with the riding position as it will put you more upright. Worth a try.

Cheers

it could do with lifting a tad but old habits die hard...if I lift it up much more all it'll do is prevent me from having any more kids...

KeepItSteel":1706td7j said:
wadsy":1706td7j said:
J

Cheers

it could do with lifting a tad but old habits die hard...if I lift it up much more all it'll do is prevent me from having any more kids...

Hmmm maybe, but I doubt it ;)

I know you said you'd have the tyres, what do you want to do; collect and ride/post?

yup, still getting the CinderCone together, but have most past needed now, lets hit the trail in the next week or so

KeepItSteel":28ic91tl said:
yup, still getting the CinderCone together, but have most past needed now, lets hit the trail in the next week or so

Ok, cool, just let me know when!

I'll say they're sold on the thread :)

Back