gratuitous Ballistic shots...

Really good looking bike- DONT GET IT RESPRAYED!!!

Pretty sure it is made in the same factory as Sandersons are now- so many similarities.

If it fells a bit short in the top tube why not try a seatpost with some layback?

CTK":1rripdmh said:
Really good looking bike- DONT GET IT RESPRAYED!!!

Pretty sure it is made in the same factory as Sandersons are now- so many similarities.

If it fells a bit short in the top tube why not try a seatpost with some layback?

I hear you brother, im normally of the 'keep it original' school. but in this case I didnt pay much for the frame, its not particularly rare or sought after, it has a canti hanger that i dont need, and its not exactly an exciting colour in the flesh... add this to the fact I sold my dream King Kahuna recently, it makes me want to build up something individual and unique.

I could try a bit of layback, but I dont want to be sat too far behind the saddle. if the frame dont fit, it dont fit... I may keep searching for something longer and sell this, in which case it wont get sprayed!

I'll check the TT length this afternoon - looks to have a taller seat tube.

Didn't want to paint mine but the laquer had dried out and was flaking off. I had mine as a frame from new - bought from Neil Waltons in Didsbury in 1996 - so it deserved the investment I guess. It's this and its connections to DMR/Kinesis that made me buy a 2010 10th anniversary Prestige Kinesis frame to make an SS this year. The design lineage is there throughout...

Mr K

XTSTIMAN":2cjugyev said:
lovely frame, I'll have to consider getting my frame built up :?

What size is yours?

its a 19" seat tube c/top (16" c/c) and 22.5" top tube.

i now have a 130mm stem winging its way to me so i'll see if thats gives me more comfort...although I think the current Ritchey stem looks really good on the frame

Damn... I could get used to that! That is absolutely a stunning bike. As someone else already mentioned, it's a clean bike.

I can see it is a fast bike. I think it's pretty light as well. I reckon somewhere between 10 & 11 kg?

Never heard of Ballistic before until this week. Just bought a Ballistic titanium stem, and now I'm oggling those lurvely Ballistic bikes. Good work! :cool:
Tell me more about Ballistic.

Im not sure of the weight actually. I'll work it out and get back to you!.

As for the history of Ballistic, im certainly no expert, Mr K. will most likely be able to help you out there.
I remember them for creating good value suspension forks back in the early/mid nineties, im not sure how many components and frames they made. There do appear to be links to Ballistic and the boys at Kenesis (another UK co.) , but the other comment about Sanderson UK may hold some truth, take a look at a Sanderson Truth frame and the similarities jump out!
Mr K. was right about another thing though, the ride qualities on this frame are fantastic. It got a lovely amount of flex to smooth things out, but a compliant back end for rapid acceleration....reminds me of a nice Ti frame!
Gotta love that Steel.

Ballistic

Ya beat me on ebay to this frame , and gotta admit you have done a real good job on it too .

These frames are a generic frame ie they got badged up as different makes Ballistic is but one .

Ballistic is a far eastern company that made forks , frames , hubs and i think stems and other finishing kit components too .

I was going to buy one new from Merlin Cycles in 97 (i think it was around £250) but could be wrong on that one .

The frames are a sweet design , reminding me of a Ritchey Swiss Cross , Rocky Mountain and a mid 90s Univega Alpina , dunno why , just does . I think the finish is great , Merlin did a Ritchey tubed frame , with the same sort of Ti finish and it was lush .

Good un matey , i think you beat me by £5 on the day . Doh ! ;)

Back