Rocky Mountain Vertex 1996 (Revolution Cranks Content)

That's looking great :cool:

I somehow missed this the first time around, but now it looks even better! Revos are ace and the skinwalls really transform the look. So much nicer with the dark red of the frame. The Maguras also surprisingly fit the bike.
Disclamer: SB 8s are my favourite tire for the terrain I´m riding with my retros. But lookwise it´s no contest on this bike.

So I’m parting out one of my other bikes.

I’m not a collector that likes to do this but in order to stay in my better half’s good books and take on another bike it became necessary (more on this new to me bike in a future build thread). The bike which is leaving the stable had the Judy fork and Race Face headset that came originally on my Vertex.

When I bought my Vertex three years ago my collection was smaller and my collector biases were different. I had an early 90s 395 A-C lightweight Rocky Mountain rigid fork on hand and decided to use it rather than the Judy to keep the bike as light as possible and I generally prefer rigid forks over suspended. Also, the Vertex handled excellent in spite of the underforking approach.

Anyway, with the OG fork & headset getting freed up I though, how about putting this bike back to how Rocky originally intended?

I’m pretty happy with the outcome both in the looks and the ride feel 😁

Oh, and yes, I do find it a bit odd that Rocky spec’d the cantilever Judy brace on a 1996 bike 🤔. I’ll be on the lookout for the V brake version or maybe an aftermarket brace.

20240419_134452595_iOS.jpg
20240419_134508619_iOS.jpg
20240419_134525151_iOS.jpg

Latest posts

Back