Graeme Obree comeback

I assume the saddle is right back, because the frame is fabricated inline with the current regulations, so to get more length he's running a long stem and as you say the seat right back. The bars also look to be slightly swept forward. I think its fabulous. He must have had every man and his dog offering him bikes to ride. But he shuns the big boys and does his own thing, love it :D

If the UCI dinnae come up with an excuse, and most importantly, if his head's right, I wouldn't bet against him- he's never lacked for physical ability.

Orange71":3b0fnsmt said:
well good luck to him - an insipration to those of us perhaps at the end of their youth.

Aye, and if he pulls it off, a justified "Gerrit Up Ye!!" to his detractors both in and out of officialdom.

Top man, what an inspiration. His unique approach is always a reminder that state-of-the-art scientific thinking is not absolute.

Top man, my all time cycling hero.

All of a sudden I want to go to BikeRadar Live!

Boardman or Obree I know which name I'd rather have on my down tube! I wonder if he'd build me a bike...?

i hope he does break the record, i loved the film it shows what you can do if you put your mind to it, and the legs are willing!!!

I think i read that he built the bike that way to give him a flatter back. maybe i an wrong but to me it looks like he is also trying to hold his arms in as much as possible.....to get a more aero position within the rules again?

The best of to him...absolute legend

i saw a pic of that bike a few days ago and just thought it was another fixed gear :oops:

saw on a blog earlier that it was his and what he was using it for :cool: bike looks ace and all the best to him

just think with a gear that big his cadence must be sloww so when he passes you while you watch itl be quick but he will look like slow motion

perry":2667fqaz said:
i saw a pic of that bike a few days ago and just thought it was another fixed gear :oops:

saw on a blog earlier that it was his and what he was using it for :cool: bike looks ace and all the best to him

just think with a gear that big his cadence must be sloww so when he passes you while you watch itl be quick but he will look like slow motion

I oould be wrong but I think on the film about him they talk about his training which includes plently of road work using big big gears

What kind of mech is that? Spend hours looking at his oddball creations.

1243626882687-w1dxk8zebgdk-798-75.jpg

Back